Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4EFE to 4EFTE swap - Corolla E11

frankieflowers77

Hello guys. I am looking for someone who has the knowledge and engine conversion experience between a 4EFE to a 4EFTE on a E11 Corolla. I would like to know the essential steps and modifications to be done in order to do the right job. The shop that will order the engine from Japan has no experience with Corolla SWAP. The project is to make it a silent version with a front intercooler. I would like to know which manifold and intercooler type and size I should choose. Which custom exhaust I should buy or should it be better to customize it. I know a shop who would do that for me for about €850.

I really hope that someone with experience in the field will give me some good advice as I am very proud to be a Corolla owner in 2020.

Thanks!

8B0F6AB2-8EEA-4F09-8907-B94112DF570E.jpeg

Common swap is to swap the 4EFTE from a Starlet Glanza in to the Corolla, and it's pretty much a straight fit from what I can gather. You would need the ECU and ancillaries from the car the 4EFTE is coming from. If you do a search for 4EFTE Glanza you will come across another forum for Starlet's and there's a lot of information there about the engines.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, mickburkesnr said:

Common swap is to swap the 4EFTE from a Starlet Glanza in to the Corolla, and it's pretty much a straight fit from what I can gather. You would need the ECU and ancillaries from the car the 4EFTE is coming from. If you do a search for 4EFTE Glanza you will come across another forum for Starlet's and there's a lot of information there about the engines.

Thank you. Usually the full 4efte comes with ECU, manifold, turbo IC and wiring. I’m looking for a l“TO DO” list with extra parts from someone who has done it before. I want to be sure I will buy everything I need before surgery.

It should just be a straight swap. Size wise the 4EFE and 4EFTE are identical, it's the internals that are different. So I think it'd just be a straight swap. 

You may need to do the plumbing for the intercooler as a bespoke thing, but the shop you're dealing with should have experience with this. I don't think it's something you could just pick up from a shelf, so they would probably have to fabricate it. 

Thank you. I agree. I read all I could on these forums in the laat 6 months. I chose a shop that works with Subaru cars. They never worked on a Corolla though. I was hoping to get some advice about how to adapt the 4efte to the Corolla. I am sure that there are details I must know to avoid slowing down the process which means spending more money. If anyone shows up with a list I will be grateful.