Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry Power Amp

Camryman

Can anyone help? I need the amplifier that lives under the passanger seat on a 1992 Camry 3ltr V6 estate. Mine is making a continuous popping noise on the left hand front Speakers. Real money available for the right part.

• 3 weeks later...

Its probably just wiring. i would think if the amps gone it wont play at all. try switching left and right channels etc to see if its the speaker/wiring or the amp.

In a 92 camry (2L) i had problems with the right speaker cuting in and out. turned out to be a problem inside the head unit (sony) . by resoldering some of the internals it fixed the problem.

Thanks for the advice, but I spent several hours checking this one out. :wacko: I rigged up a borrowed head unit and amp and the problem stopped,put the old head unit back still no probs,new head unit+old amp POP POP POP :( . So come on Guy's I need the amp! Also would like to keep the old Camry original if I could.

• 3 months later...

Had a similar problem on father-in-law's 1990 Camry. Both left Speakers failed, probably due to amp overpowering them. Then amp started to take 5 minutes to warm up.

His Toyota dealer then broke the head unit and replaced it with a second-hand identical unit. This was impossible to use as the LCD display was visible only from the passenger seat.

This car has 4 15w Speakers, so an amp is hardly necessary.

We fixed this by replacing the head unit with my displaced Panasonic radio/cassette. 4x 25w output, so adequate without an amp.

We then laid new speaker wires direct from the head unit to the Speakers, by-passing the amp.

Result - all the noise he ever needs.

My advice, new head unit, junk the amp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links