Hi all,

I was wondering what is the highest MPG RAV4s can go. so here is my car

car: 2019 RAV4 Dynamic AWD

Area: hills of Yorkshire

type of roads: mostly urban with the occasional rural and motorway

Highest MPG achieved: 57.1

recorded on: Car's trip computer

Which model - 4.4 or 4.5?

similar car except excel, regularly get indicated 61mpg on long motorway trips. I am very lazy and tend to cruise with the lorries using adaptive cruise and lane assist.

It is quite astonishing to do a longish trip 'up Norf' and back from a full tank and get home with 2/3rds of a tank left in such a big comfy car, even more so considering its petrol and not the more energy dense diesel its using.

My best score so far was during the latest summer heat wave, when it did 60.43 mpg (= 4,67 L/100 Km, or 21,39 Km per Liter) on 20/80 rural/motorway trips in ECO mode.

Off topic, but also interesting is temperature influence: worst score was during last winter with 44.18 mpg (= 6,39 L/100 Km, or 15,64 Km per Liter) with maybe 30/70% town/motorway mix, all ECO mode.

That's a difference of 26% between summer and winter!

My average over an entire year was 52.07 mpg, or 18,43 metric Liter/Km.

I find that quite good for the size and weight of this comfortable car.

Included in above figures are even a few demo's of how aggresive an acceleration the car is capable of, if you would want or need to...

I live in a hilly city. I am getting approx 37mpg around town in ECO mode.

This is my calculated mpg over 10000 miles per tank
Best    56.71 - local trips in July 2020
Worst    38.14  - December 2019, long drive at -10C at 90+ mph on German unrestricted Autobahn, lots of hills, with 4 people and loaded to the roof with things.
Average    45.74

Seen some high figures for individual trips, best was 124 mpg over 11 miles of downhill drive with the almost fully charged Battery at the start. Car does not show that kind of mpg, but MyT app did.

9 minutes ago, JillG said:

Our best is 67/68 in the summer.

In a Rav 4 “brick” hybrid I would say that is pretty good. 

I am averaging around 54.5, mainly long journey use a road and motorway. This I consider is pretty good for the shape of the car,size and performance. Slow moving traffic can often give you the best mpg as in electric mode more.

Mine is a 2WD excel average over 1500 miles 54mpg. All urban miles. Very pleased with that. My average from a 2.2 diesel 4WD manual was 44mpg, 

We are getting 52.2 and that’s around town and motorway roads but could get better if only the wife would listen and read what the app is telling us (she has a right foot made of lead lol)