Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The Yaris A Ladies Car?

vmail

Pull down the drivers sunvisor and what do you see? do all yaris have a mirror on the driverside sunvisor? do any other toyotas have a mirror on the drivers side sunvisor?

is it balls mate! and it aint a hairdressers car either!

my AWOL mate kept takin ***** sayin it was a hairdressers car, is it balls :ffs: far from it!

i hate advertisers :censor:

Nearly all new car now have vanity mirrors on the drivers side now. My w reg Nissan Almeria had a mirror on the drivers side plus it had lights around it as well. Hey talk about shooting yourself in your leg vmail. Ladies car :wacko:

jerry!!

just needed to clear it, just was chatting about it with some mates at work

right! they take the ***** sayin its a ladies car!

whack sum nice alloys on and a few body pieces and its far from a ladies car!

as standard it aint a ladies car either

A Yaris is everything you want it to be....nothing more... nothing less

:yes:

wel it is within reason but then the nova as standard is oan old folks car if uve ever noticed but my yaris is my car i like it an wel my mum who used to own the car hates it! haha so not very lady friendly

If Toyota made a Ladies car - they wouldn't sell very many..........

They made a decent little hatchback favoured by ladies and gents alike. If anyone calls it a ladies car then that's their hang-up. They need to get out and try one for size. :thumbsup:

yeah i say yeah ok its a gurls car is it? race on? only wen its 1.2 or less but the yaris wins hands down!

Nova SR's have massive vanity mirrors both sides and also dual illumination of the mirrors aswell! Its suprising to see that in a Nova!

Is that a girls car? No its a chav mobile! :D

I've also spotted the Hairdresser advert in the changing rooms of Dorothy perkins (well my mrs has) so yeah its aimed at girls but not a girls car!

i dont mind it being a ladys car at all!

if the women like it then whats ya problem! Theyre gonna look around it start cooing arnt they! come on use ya brains! :D

A Yaris is only a ladies car if a lady is driving it, or if you have a paintjob that is pink with flowers :P

Well what about the Porsche 911 boxster??? Now is that a ladies car? Well 9 out of 10 times you will most probably see a Ladies behind the wheel driving. Same thing dont you think? But i wouldn't class it as a ladies car :yes:

jerry!!

Well beings as most of the guys on here are.... well..... GUYS then I would say not!! :D

Its cute enough for the ladies and sporty enough for the lads - its definately unisex! :D

I agree with DA - it's definately unisex..I see more men driving them than girls though which is strange.

I am only judging in terms of looks - and I have to say it is a very girlie car. I think the only colour that makes it 'a mans car' is black and then it will have to be kitted up. Other then that - its definatly one for the ladies. So far I have just seen women drivers but then I have only been on driving for 1 month.

:)

"Of course its a ladies car, the marketing says it is, so it must be, right?"

The british car-buying public are a gullible set of :censor: (present company excepted! :D ), and will believe anything the marketing types will feed them. At its launch in the UK, the yaris was proclaimed by one of the hacks as 'the mini for the new millenium' or something like that, but what do toyota gb marketing do? Tout it solely as a womens car. No disrespect to any of the ladies on here, but advertising it parked outside a hairdressers is almost a deliberate attempt to limit its appeal, strange when small cars are much in demand. Whoever passed up that mini opportunity is obviously still working for them, and should be shot on sight.

I'd like to hope that toyota are kicking themselves over the lost sales due to such a narrow-minded marketing strategy.

Well I can't believe what I'm reading! Start of the 21st century and you're going on about ladies' cars! ****!

It's a car for Heaven's sake! Nothing more, nothing less. It's neuter and can be driven by either gender.

Anyone bothered about how (some) others perceive it is obviously having problems with their own sexuality!

My girlfriend is about to order the new Vauxhall Tigra. I imagine it'll sell well to females but I'm sure it won't emasculate any guys who drive it. I'll not pass up the chance to give it a spin if I can prise the keys out of her hands!

i think its a girly kinda car its hardly matcho like a R34

but theres nothing wrong with blokes driving yari

and being slightly feminine women love it , so im happy :P

and anyway theres plenty of things that can be done to make them look more agressive and tough :thumbsup:

Marketing also shows aliens driving the car around and wooing over it, doesnt mean to say that its aimed at their species :P

I think what you need to bear in mind, (and im not being sexist here), is that the average family has 2 cars nowadays.

Now, conventially, it is the man that has the 'main car' in the family, such as mondeo or vectra etc.., and the woman has a smaller hatchback etc..

Now, considering the reliability, and 'cute' looks of the Yaris, its no suprise that a lot of woman will choose a Yaris as their families second car.

Now this isnt saying its a girls car, simply that a lot of woman choose them... now that doesnt make it any less of a car, after all, a lot of woman choose MX-5's, which are good cars..

Whatever people think, I’ve noticed that the YTS does turn the heads of males and females when I drive by, or am I being paranoid and think everyone is watching me?

Have you had the same or should I start taking medication??!! :D

That was one of the more printable comments I've received.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links