Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Didn't know it did this?!

182_blue

Well my 4.5 Rav4 Excell suprised me the other day, I was driving home and it was reasonably warm but then started to rain, I had my drivers window open and due to the way the wind and  rain was blowing I was able to keep my window open a bit,  to my surprise a warning came up on my speedo screen asking if I would like to close my window, I clicked yes using my steering wheel and it closed 👍

Anyone else knew it did this or am I just late to the party 🤣

I've seen this too.  There are a number of messages not detailed in the manuals.

Ones I'm aware of (some might be in manual):

• low fuel
  • low screen wash (not seen on RAV4, but did see on my previous 2016 Prius Excel - I believe only Excel RAV4 does this)
  • headlights needed (not sure of wording - if driving in dark with switch set to parking lights)
  • window open (when door opened with one or more windows open)
  • low 12V Battery

I'm sure there are others.

Yes, I remember swearing at it to mind its own business and leave me to operate the car!

I presume its to help aerodynamics and therefore fuel efficiency and stop wasting the climate controls energy.

8 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Yes, I remember swearing at it to mind its own business and leave me to operate the car!

I presume its to help aerodynamics and therefore fuel efficiency and stop wasting the climate controls energy.

This warning specifically mentions that's its raining though and asks if you would like to close the window due to the fact its raining. 

Warning I found by accident is when opening the drivers door “moon roof open” is shown if on tilt. Not tried it on fully open but presume  it will show also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links