Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 satnav in Lake District

Bwh

As anybody had trouble with the satnav on the 2019 rav4. Visiting the lake district it seems like my satnav kept getting it self in a mess. Numerous times the screen froze and after rebooting it, it tried to take me anywhere but the place it was supposed to. Its absolutely rubbish and I’m looking forward to have apple CarPlay installed when ever Toyota release the update. 

4 hours ago, Bwh said:

As anybody had trouble with the satnav on the 2019 rav4. Visiting the lake district it seems like my satnav kept getting it self in a mess. Numerous times the screen froze and after rebooting it, it tried to take me anywhere but the place it was supposed to. Its absolutely rubbish and I’m looking forward to have apple CarPlay installed when ever Toyota release the update. 

What version of Audio, Nav & Nav_db software is installed?

Apple Carplay / Android auto are very good however they do have one big flaw which may be an issue in the lake district, they both need a Mobile phone signal to obtain maps and no signal means no map which is where the inbuilt Nav can sometimes have an advantage ( if updated ) as the maps are stored in car and the car only requires a good GPS signal to navigate.

The AA/CP updates are arriving at dealers now ( ours have arrive in Plymouth ) so give your dealer a call and arrange a booking if they claim to know nothing ask them to check bulletin BE-00439T-TME on Techdoc.

I haven't had any actual freezes but my satnav is pretty useless. The most annoying trait is that the map display is quite happy to show your location as the middle of a patch of uniform green even when stationary. For some reason the auto zoom setting does not zoom in far enough to show the actual road - definitely no artificial intelligence there! On the first service I asked for the firmware update but they chose to ignore this. Typical dealer all fine words but no action. They sent me a completely pointless video after the service but didn't pay any attention to my request or concern about the poor satnav. Rather than make a video the technician could have done something useful but I doubt he even got the message.

10 hours ago, Bwh said:

Audio. 1011

navigation. 1530

nvdb version 2020v1

Ok Audio latest is 1042 fixing below over 1011

• DAB radio issue: No signal after hourly broadcast

• Connectivity issues:

• "NO DATA" shown as music information when music is selected on playlist of bluetooth Audio

• music information not changing when Spotify playing via bluetooth Audio and audio track change

• Translation issues:

• Change of wording: "Trippinformation"→"Reseinformation" in Trip information screen in Swedish language

• Roadside assistance numbers update

Navigation latest is 1540 fixing below over 1530

• DAB radio issue: No signal after hourly broadcast

• Connectivity issues:

• "NO DATA" shown as Music information when music is selected on playlist of bluetooth Audio

• Music information not changing when Spotify playing via Bluetooth Audio and audio track change

• Translation issues:

• Change of wording: "Trippinformation"→"Reseinformation" in Trip information screen in Swedish language

• Roadside assistance numbers update

You have the latest Maps ( will be 2020v2 Soon )

11 hours ago, roadster-rav said:

I haven't had any actual freezes but my satnav is pretty useless. The most annoying trait is that the map display is quite happy to show your location as the middle of a patch of uniform green even when stationary. For some reason the auto zoom setting does not zoom in far enough to show the actual road - definitely no artificial intelligence there! On the first service I asked for the firmware update but they chose to ignore this. Typical dealer all fine words but no action. They sent me a completely pointless video after the service but didn't pay any attention to my request or concern about the poor satnav. Rather than make a video the technician could have done something useful but I doubt he even got the message.

Is this whilst actually navigating or just in general on the home screen map, as far as I am aware the auto zoom only operates when navigating otherwise the map stays at its default zoom on the home screen map, you can set the default zoom and zoom in on the map so the Home screen shows a closer scale.

We took my wife's 2020 Dynamic to Ambleside for a few days and the nav seemed fine, we didn't use it alot though as we go there alot. 

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Is this whilst actually navigating or just in general on the home screen map, as far as I am aware the auto zoom only operates when navigating otherwise the map stays at its default zoom on the home screen map, you can set the default zoom and zoom in on the map so the Home screen shows a closer scale.

I'm talking about the main map screen rather than the home screen but not necessarily while following a route. Using manual zoom while driving is rather dangerous in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:34 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What version of Audio, Nav & Nav_db software is installed?

Apple Carplay / Android auto are very good however they do have one big flaw which may be an issue in the lake district, they both need a Mobile phone signal to obtain maps and no signal means no map which is where the inbuilt Nav can sometimes have an advantage ( if updated ) as the maps are stored in car and the car only requires a good GPS signal to navigate.

The AA/CP updates are arriving at dealers now ( ours have arrive in Plymouth ) so give your dealer a call and arrange a booking if they claim to know nothing ask them to check bulletin BE-00439T-TME on Techdoc.

google maps has the option to download off line maps, just download the one you want and thenit does not need a phone signal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links