Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone know a right hand drive android head unit?

mikmikmikmik

Hi,

I am looking for a right hand drive android unit.

eBay sellers mention left hand drive only.

Thanks.

Don't bother with no name junk from china as they are a pig to get working correctly, and forget about any updates, when it comes to audio quality it will be substantially worse than the factory radio, don't waste your money

Most aftermarket radios are universal

Android auto head units start around £300 for the likes of an alpine or pioneer

What I really want is the go extension module and voice control.

I see the touch2 go module listed multiple times on eBay, but don't know what the big number/letter means on the module or if I need a separate GPS aerial.

I also don't know how to get voice control.

If anyone can help me with those questions, I am very grateful.

Thank you.

There is no voice control on the touch2 (it may be an option on the high model)

harman nav unit depends on what model touch 2 you have - you can find out the model by going into the information menu or looking in the hidden service menu

i will post up more info if required

This is what I have.

20200929_101444.jpg

its a MM13 86140-42340 the nav should be

86840-0F050 (High)

or

86840-0F020 (low)

Make sure it has its connection cables and the bluetooth cable, you will also need a GPS Aerial

What is the difference between high and low?

Can the GPS module be bought separately and where should it go?

Is the Ext USB used And is it a different USB socket than the one already in the car?

Thanks again.

18 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

What is the difference between high and low? Features what i cant remember off the top of my head, the high is also known as Touch2 and Go Plus

Can the GPS module be bought separately and where should it go? Yes from Toyota, breakers or eBay  - just type GT5 GPS antenna

Is the Ext USB used And is it a different USB socket than the one already in the car? The one in the car is fine it unplugs from the DA (touch2) and plugs into the nav module

Thanks again.

Touch2 and go Plus

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/c470df8b-bdaf-4c9f-9547-d9ee6b25b7dc/RAV4_Touch_2_with_Go_RHD_PZ490_00334_AIM_003_635_0.pdf

I really thank you for your knowledge on this.

You can also use PZ490-00336-G0 (Again make sure it comes with 2 x cables) Rav4 has GPS antenna pre-fitted.

See: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/c470df8b-bdaf-4c9f-9547-d9ee6b25b7dc/RAV4_Touch_2_with_Go_RHD_PZ490_00334_AIM_003_635_0.pdf

Part number PZ490-00334-G0 is low grade without Voice control

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

You can also use PZ490-00336-G0 (Again make sure it comes with 2 x cables) Rav4 has GPS antenna pre-fitted.

See: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/c470df8b-bdaf-4c9f-9547-d9ee6b25b7dc/RAV4_Touch_2_with_Go_RHD_PZ490_00334_AIM_003_635_0.pdf

Hi,

In the pdf, that 00336 seems to have a different radio above it, and not the 86140-42340.

Thanks.

There are different instructions depending on the spec of the car the picture is of the front of an older unit but the rear connections are of the Touch2

I think I know what the difference is between go and go plus. These docs kinda describes it, and I now see the difference in the repair guide between high and low,   but could someone knowledgeable describe the differences to me? I am really looking to press the voice button on the steering wheel and be able to say who I want to call on phone.

Also, what is the meaning of the very large alphanumeric character above the Toyota Badge? I have seen the number 2,3 and the letter A on the extension modules.

Thank you.

touch_2-RepairGuide.pdf touch_2-QuickReference.pdf

BTW, I got these docs from hunting the internet, but I reckon I have exhausted my search and look to you experts to help me.

Thanks again.

For voice, you need the high model, Harman produces these modules for different manufacturers, inc Subaru - they also cover the worldwide market so a north american version will be very different to a west European one

Anyone else looking for a high module, be very careful of a person called John_Yates on eBay, he has this advertised. And in the pic at the moment, it is a high module, but he sent me pics separately and the pics of the actual module are a low module.

He may have simply made a mistake, but you never know.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164403464093

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 10:36 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What is the difference between -G0 and a module ending in -D0?

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

What is the difference between -G0 and a module ending in -D0?

Thanks.

So long as the first ten digits are the same the last two denote age of software/maps installed D0 was replaced by E0 > F0 & the final issue of G0 all version can be updated to the latest software F.O.C for 3 years if purchased new or with a cost if purchased used.

Thank you very much for your rapid reply.

I meant to ask, in the other numbering scheme, what is this one?

86840-0F030

Note to self: 86840-0F050 is Russian Nav High Module(Eastern Europe).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links