Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY21 Corolla Specifications announced

Devon Aygo

Specifications for the new MY21 Corolla were issued today

Orders for MY20 Corolla not in stock or in production are now closed and orders for Unavailable MY20 Corolla will be switched to MY21 supply with orders opening in November ( subject to runout of MY20 models )

Demonstrators Showroom display and customer deliveries expected in November.

Icon models gain 7" LCD Multifunction display, (replacing 4" LCD) & LED fog lights

Icon Tech models gain LED fog lights

Design models gain new 17" wheel design, New Interior trim, & Ambient interior illumination.

GR Sport, Excel 2.0 Touring sport models gain 18" Alloy wheels.

image.thumb.png.eca27c669ebb7fc327b90d47c1d91085.png

Picture above of Design specific changes:

• New Black seat trim & cover
  • Textured chrome dash decor
  • Door trim & centre console trim material changes
  • Ambient illumination added to centre tray, cup holders & door trims

image.thumb.png.f636af4efad01e1a6c2fd682ef8738b5.png

New design 17" alloy wheel for Design models.

New Bi-tone Colour options

image.thumb.png.f87ab7ef2ecd6b90daa5913160f5a37e.png 

New Monotone Colour

image.thumb.png.28ba297ec999c2752d7231b73a32bcd1.png

New MY21 features for all Models:

• RDE2 Compliance gaining GPF Gasoline particulate filter
  • AVAS Acoustic vehicle alert system 
  • EV Drive indicator
  • Connected car / MYT functionality upgrades including Tracker, Remote Status & e-care.

• Like 5

AVAS Acoustic vehicle alert system 

This is really important. Especially in Greece where pedestrians first walk in the middle of the road and then check for traffic.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mitsos_Hybrid said:

This is really important. Especially in Greece where pedestrians first walk in the middle of the road and then check for traffic.

AVAC is really intended to help visually impaired people (blind and partially sighted) identify a vehicle is near to them.

And only at lower speed where there is less tyre noise I understand

• 2 weeks later...

hello, first post here☺️ 

I have ordered back in August and expecting at the end of the year a TS 2.0. 

I don't have the VIN number yet, but when I'll get this number, is there a way to check if the car will be MY20 or MY21? 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Orders for MY20 Corolla not in stock or in production are now closed and orders for Unavailable MY20 Corolla will be switched to MY21 supply with orders opening in November ( subject to runout of MY20 models )

Presume it will be MY20.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, navger said:

hello, first post here☺️ 

I have ordered back in August and expecting at the end of the year a TS 2.0. 

I don't have the VIN number yet, but when I'll get this number, is there a way to check if the car will be MY20 or MY21? 

Thanks

Interesting that yours is due for end of the year. I have ordered a new 2020 TS (2.0 Hybrid) in grey and it’s expected early December. I only placed the order last weekend. Maybe on this basis the dealer was being a bit optimistic with the delivery date 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Devon Aygo, this is my first post and many thanks for the Corolla my21 updates. My company car, a Prius Business Edition Plus, is due to be replaced in a few months. I'm very pleased with it but would also consider a Corolla if it had blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert with autobraking and an HUD! Do you know if the 21 year model will have the additional safety stuff and if the HUD will be on further models other than the GR Sport? I'm also considering a Prius Plug In but am not sure if there's a 21 model update for that either. The Lexus UX is also on a short list but I'd prefer to have another Toyota if possible!  Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thank you, Chris.

1 hour ago, Toyota Prius fan said:

Hi Devon Aygo, this is my first post and many thanks for the Corolla my21 updates. My company car, a Prius Business Edition Plus, is due to be replaced in a few months. I'm very pleased with it but would also consider a Corolla if it had blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert with autobraking and an HUD! Do you know if the 21 year model will have the additional safety stuff and if the HUD will be on further models other than the GR Sport? I'm also considering a Prius Plug In but am not sure if there's a 21 model update for that either. The Lexus UX is also on a short list but I'd prefer to have another Toyota if possible!  Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thank you, Chris.

My21 Corolla does not add BSM, RCTA nor HUD Except GR

As for Prius see HERE

I have the MY20 Icon Tech, I'd happly tarde in the park assist or lane tracing for some front fog lights...:(

Do we know if Burnaston plant is staying open during second lockdown? 

My order is due ‘early December’ which is now unlikely to be before the 2nd December, however assuming dealers are to be closed (need to confirm with my dealer), there will be a lot of handovers to take place in December! 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, Gray86 said:

Do we know if Burnaston plant is staying open during second lockdown? 

My order is due ‘early December’ which is now unlikely to be before the 2nd December, however assuming dealers are to be closed (need to confirm with my dealer), there will be a lot of handovers to take place in December! 

Well, Burnaston is open throughout lockdown, as are dealers - unless they are told otherwise. 

my MY21 Corolla is built, and left the factory - around a month earlier than expected. Hopefully collecting next week/ weekend! 

My dealer sent a note to say service centres open as normal, sales showrooms closed but sales staff still available on line etc. New cars will still be ready to collect, all business will be conducted outside.  https://www.toyota.co.uk/covid-19?Customer=7655633&CampaignID=C8064&BrochureRCode=RC119184&TestdriveRCode=RC119185&SLVariant=SL2&utm_campaign=Covid19EmailNov20&utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=E01

Collected my MY21 DesignTouring Sports today, possibly one of the first collections of this new model year. 

The new wheel design looks excellent, and the trim changes inside really make the design stand out from the Icon / tech grades. Really like the ‘knurled’ aluminium strips across the dash, and the ambient lighting (especially the LED boot lights). I think the gloss black door trims and chrome window strips are a new tweak too - but not entirely sure. The new seat design looks a bit smarter (in my opinion) than the older model years too. 

Full handbook in the glove box (sealed) as well as a smart Toyota cuddly toy & bamboo key holder were nice touches. Really pleased with my dealer, Johnson’s of Bootle (Liverpool). 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Gray86 said:

Collected my MY21 DesignTouring Sports today, possibly one of the first collections of this new model year. 

The new wheel design looks excellent, and the trim changes inside really make the design stand out from the Icon / tech grades. Really like the ‘knurled’ aluminium strips across the dash, and the ambient lighting (especially the LED boot lights). I think the gloss black door trims and chrome window strips are a new tweak too - but not entirely sure. The new seat design looks a bit smarter (in my opinion) than the older model years too. 

Full handbook in the glove box (sealed) as well as a smart Toyota cuddly toy & bamboo key holder were nice touches. Really pleased with my dealer, Johnson’s of Bootle (Liverpool). 

Congratulations! Enjoy. Could you post pictures of the upgrades you mention, and the car generally so we can see your new beauty?

34 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Congratulations! Enjoy. Could you post pictures of the upgrades you mention, and the car generally so we can see your new beauty?

Thanks Timmon! 70 miles in so far, and very impressed! 

Here’s a few photos, most of the MY21 tweaks are internal. Note the blue lighting, seat trim, and knurled-effect on the silver dash & front door trim. 

961C43C1-223F-428D-A95F-CE9069EAB31D.jpeg

900F48DB-464B-4FE4-B64E-4E754D5449A1.jpeg

3E882329-345E-4627-ACCE-65FDA68352DE.jpeg

1D4D67A4-B871-4972-88B6-B00D20B32130.jpeg

CA08C65C-DFB8-4B22-B02B-51DD47DDFB06.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice. Love the silver trim. I have ambient lighting too, but can't say if it is in the back of the car like yours, have not noticed. The ambient lighting goes out when you start driving. 

I wonder if one of the next enhancements will be to introduce a range of ambient colours that you can set? Many manufacturers seem to have done this , a choice of 360 colours or something like that! 

On 11/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Gray86 said:

Really like the ‘knurled’ aluminium strips across the dash, and the ambient lighting (especially the LED boot lights).

LED boot lights? I like that - my 2020 model Excel HB has the dimmest bulb I've yet seen in a car 🤣 You mention 'lights,' plural: I imagine you have more than 1 because it's a TS?

5 hours ago, Luke717 said:

LED boot lights? I like that - my 2020 model Excel HB has the dimmest bulb I've yet seen in a car 🤣 You mention 'lights,' plural: I imagine you have more than 1 because it's a TS?

Yes, there is one on each side (assume it’s a TS thing). 

• 4 weeks later...

Brochures and price lists on the Toyota website now reflect MY21 spec 

• Like 1

Yea, mine must be a 21 model, as I have the LED strip lights in the boot, which are a massive improvement on the single LED on my old V40!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"Connected car / MYT functionality upgrades including Tracker, Remote Status & e-care."

I don't have this funcionality, does anyone else?

Whilst I don't recognise the terms as such, MyT provides all those functions on my 69 reg Corolla.

18 hours ago, camellia30 said:

"Connected car / MYT functionality upgrades including Tracker, Remote Status & e-care."

I don't have this funcionality, does anyone else?

Yes, mine does. In the My T app, it shows where the car is parked, and the recent journeys you have done. It can also show fault codes, fuel level & mileage 

The press release says

"The MyT connected car app and multimedia has additional functions, including stolen vehicle tracking, remote status check which confirms if the lights are off, the windows closed and the doors locked, and eCare remote “health check” which alerts the owner to any malfunction warnings that require attention."

The remote status check sounds useful, I don't have that.