Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0l tank capacity?

Hugo Nebula

According to the specs, the 2.0l (2020) has a tank capacity of 43 litres. I filled up today with the tank reading as empty, but it only took 36 litres to fill it, and that was to the brim (third click on the nozzle).

Now I'm used to, on my previous cars, there being a difference between showing as empty on the dashboard and actually empty, but it's never as much as 7 litres.

How far has anyone driven with the fuel guage showing empty?

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

Toyota generally have conservative fuel reserves - commonly around 9 litres, depending on model. The low fuel light will come on when the fuel is approaching the reserve rather than empty. The full owners manual, which can be downloaded from MyToyota, will provide the exact reserve amount.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.c05bb2251134b32d53809b58541e23a5.png
The fuel warning light came on about 40 miles before, so probably another 4 litres in addition to the 7 in the tank on 'empty'.

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

My max in fuel was 40ltr in a 42 ltr tank, the dash was showing empty and I drove probably 20 miles in negative. I only had 2 litres left of fuel, kind of scary. 👍

On 9/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota generally have conservative fuel reserves - commonly around 9 litres, depending on model. The low fuel light will come on when the fuel is approaching the reserve rather than empty. The full owners manual, which can be downloaded from MyToyota, will provide the exact reserve amount.

Honda are the same and their 2nd gen Jazz was also a bit keen with the warning light. Several times I triggered the warning light going round a roundabout when the gauge was claiming a quarter of a tank left. Once triggered it stayed lit until you filled up. It'd also display a warning on the steering wheel periodically until it was cleared.

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

My max in fuel was 40ltr in a 42 ltr tank, the dash was showing empty and I drove probably 20 miles in negative. I only had 2 litres left of fuel, kind of scary. 👍

I've never let my Corolla get that low but I used to with my later Jazz. Something about a horizontal fuel gauge makes me less nervous when they get low. But I remember one day in summer when the car had apparently been getting unusually good consumption. I set off for my golf club with the fuel warning light on but the car saying it had 50 miles range. It's only 9 miles to my club so I reckoned it was safe to go there then fill up back home. As I left the club I saw it suddenly go from 35 miles left to 5, in the course of a hundred yards. In the end as I remember it still had four litres left when I filled up but that was a bit heart stopping. I stopped taking the risk after that :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interestingly I found slightly different information from the manual downloaded online here https://www.toyota-europe.com/tme#/my-toyota/eManual.Ve1wsHe.png

Maybe it depends on the year and month of production of your car because there is a note:  Valid: 1/2019 - 10/2019

EDIT: Forget it! I have downloaded manual for model with different engine 😄

Edited by howkey-cz
Because I am dumb :)
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links