Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

internal oil leak in Aygo 63 plate

bealy

Help please,

a warning light came on so took to local toyota dealer who has told us our 63 plate Aygo has an internal leak they cannot find and we need to replace catalitic converter £800 and theres no guarentee we wont have to do this yearly, really dont know what to do, thanks

What was the warning light? Sounds like the dealer is trying to mug you. Take the car to another garage for a second opinion.  

• Like 2

Changing the catalytic converter because of an "internal oil leak they cannot find" is just rubbish - you definitely need a competent second opinion.

• Like 2

internal oil leak doesnt sound like mechanic speak to me , id try another garage

Sound like an iffy excuse to me. Have you monitored how much oil you are losing / mileage? And £800 to replace you can buy from a well known parts supplier and get your local garage to fit. Warning light?  Which one. Could be oil pressure switch. Do you have oil in it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links