Sign in to follow this  
Satsuki

New Yaris 2020 SatNav installation

Recommended Posts

Hello

I have bought my new Yaris 2020 Launch Edition last month and I am trying to find the best way to add the OEM navigation unit to the new car. Sadly the SatNav is not offered in the UK at all. I understand that one could use google map for navigation but this is not very useful in my particular case and I need a proper offline sat nav. Another advantage of the OEM SatNav is that you can get the instructions on the HUD as well.

Unfortunately there not much information available for the new Yaris and I was not able to find any accessory installation manual or part number for the SatNav, so I have looked at the parts and as far as I can see, I need 3 parts as below:
86457-K0050 Frame
86800-0D010 MCU unit (I believe this is the same unit as the one in new RAV4)
86101-0DF40 Antenna

But there is no information about wire harnesses that possibly is required (e.g. USB link?). I also assume the cost of buying the parts individually would be quite higher than getting it as a single package.

Does anyone knows if there is an accessories part number for the SatNav unit or any suggestion about best way to move forward with installing the SatNav unit?

Thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second that requirement! 🙁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At present all we have is guess work, there is not an accessory listing nor installation guide:

image.thumb.png.eb7f3a6b1f1ad55021452da106889aff.png

Using a UK Launch edition as a basis the pic above would suggest the GPS antenna is already installed ( Green box around PNC ) there is an extra bracket 

86457-K0010

and a harness piece

86101-0DF40

Plus various bolts:

90119-W0037 x 4

90153-50015 x 2

( all boxed in Red )

bare with and I will try and get some prices

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

bare with and I will try and get some prices

Ooooh, Matron. I'd rather remain clothed, thanks!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

At present all we have is guess work, there is not an accessory listing nor installation guide:

image.thumb.png.eb7f3a6b1f1ad55021452da106889aff.png

Using a UK Launch edition as a basis the pic above would suggest the GPS antenna is already installed ( Green box around PNC ) there is an extra bracket 

86457-K0010

and a harness piece

86101-0DF40

Plus various bolts:

90119-W0037 x 4

90153-50015 x 2

( all boxed in Red )

bare with and I will try and get some prices

This is exactly where I've got my part numbers from, however I was not sure about the copyright and didn't post any pictures. The 'antenna' that I mentioned is the same as the harness 86101-0DF40 (it was called antenna in the parts description!).  I think it's a link between the existing gps antenna and the unit. I forgot to include the other bracket in my list; somehow I remember it was either one bracket or another and not both but I am not sure where I got this impression from. When I looked again this morning there was no indication about this in the parts lookup.

Yes, I think there is a GPS antenna/unit installed in the car as the MyT shows last trip on the map with fuel consumption statistics... 

One key part that I can't find any info about (I searched everywhere including Japanese and German websites/forums) is the harness between the EUC and MCU that I think is essential for the system to work.

I'm looking forward to see the prices...😖😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's mine... 1f7e4c44cfd6b4c5d47a5b0f2af14edd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, in the wider scheme of things, Toyota Europe haven't really thought this SatNav business through thoroughly when it comes to the UK models.

It's all very well Toyota saying "well, you've got Apple Carplay and Android Auto now so you can use your Smartphone and you don't actually need built-in Satnav" but what about an older customer's wife (say) responding with, "Well, I don't have a Smartphone. I have a Doro and I don't want a Smartphone so how are you going to facilitate me with a SatNav unit when I am driving the car? Are you saying that my husband has to always be in the car so that I can get the maps/SatNav from his Smartphone?"

(My wife makes a good point!! 😉)

PS. THIS is technology discrimination!! 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a touch2/3 MM17, CA31 - Denso ten is the manufacturer

Versions of it can be found in the.............

Toyota Camry (2018+)
Toyota Corolla (2019+)
Toyota CH-R (2019+)
Toyota RAV4 (2019+)
Toyota HiAce (2019+)
Toyota Hilux (2020+)

a quick look at the corolla instructions is interesting

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/00f31a2a-e560-43d7-a3ba-f649b272bb9c/Corolla-HB-TS&Sedan_RHD_Navigation_PW650_00044_AIM_004_380_2.pdf

86840-06041 MCU

the cable looks like

https://carsolutions.com.ua/uk/oem-navigation-for-toyota-camry-of-2018-ym/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flash22 said:

There is a sat nav system for the 4th gen yaris as it shows it in the owners manual

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OMK0019E.pdf

 

Edit. Can you go into your settings and post the model ID

 

Yes, There is... Unfortunately the MCU unit is not installed in the UK models and is not even offered as an add-on option when you configure the car. My model is exactly the same as the one that CPN posted earlier.

Edit. here is the photo:

IMAG4556.thumb.jpg.29545a440f60d9c4febff6ab0e130a29.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CPN said:

You know, in the wider scheme of things, Toyota Europe haven't really thought this SatNav business through thoroughly when it comes to the UK models.

It's all very well Toyota saying "well, you've got Apple Carplay and Android Auto now so you can use your Smartphone and you don't actually need built-in Satnav" but what about an older customer's wife (say) responding with, "Well, I don't have a Smartphone. I have a Doro and I don't want a Smartphone so how are you going to facilitate me with a SatNav unit when I am driving the car? Are you saying that my husband has to always be in the car so that I can get the maps/SatNav from his Smartphone?"

(My wife makes a good point!! 😉)

PS. THIS is technology discrimination!! 🤣

I am totally agree with you. There are a lot of situations that it is not practical to use Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Not all the phones have enough space for off-line map download and there are a lot of places that you have no mobile coverage whatsoever and that is the time that you would need the GPS, not in middle of the city with loads of signs and mobile coverage. Or if someone driving abroad on roaming, they don't want to pay premium for mobile data to run a navigation software! Also as you said a lot of people don't have smart phone or their work phone is a basic phone and their mobile is not always with them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See my edit above ^^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Thats a touch3 MM17, CA31 - Denso ten is the manufacturer

Versions of it can be found in the.............

Toyota Camry (2018+)
Toyota Corolla (2019+)
Toyota CH-R (2019+)
Toyota RAV4 (2019+)
Toyota HiAce (2019+)
Toyota Hilux (2020+)

 

Yes, I've figured that out from the various forums.. The ECU and MCU should be the same as the other cars that you've listed. Initially I was thinking to buy the unit from the cheap online listings from other countries like Russia and buy the frame from Toyota and fit the unit... Not quite sure if this idea would work though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My edit my have not updated for you there's the info of the MCU and instructions for the corolla

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

My edit my have not updated for you there's the info of the MCU and instructions for the corolla

Had to close and re open the page... Got it, thank you.

I have seen the corolla document before, that is why I mentioned buying the unit from Russian listings earlier... But if it doesn't work, then it would be an expensive mistake😰.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a conversation with the head sales manager at my local dealership and he's going to raise a Compass ticket with Toyota internally on Monday about this whole SatNav issue because he has had a number of complaints from customers along the same lines and he completely agrees with my drift in my post above (what my wife said - I read it to him). Especially the anomaly between EU customers (who get it as standard in the Launch Edition) and UK customers who don't even get the option at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a quick look on toyota.de it shows the nav as an option

1770838416_Screenshot2020-10-03154038.thumb.jpg.18416f27d3c01574708699137add6c81.jpg

A russian nav will have eastern maps on it or RU only

the Corolla kit is £750 (retail of £1100)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Had a quick look on toyota.de it shows the nav as an option

1770838416_Screenshot2020-10-03154038.thumb.jpg.18416f27d3c01574708699137add6c81.jpg

A russian nav will have eastern maps on it or RU only

the Corolla kit is £750 (retail of £1100)

 

Hopefully will be able to change the map to west EU. They usually have 3 years free map update as well. My only concern is that a version mismatch or some safety feature in the firmware doesn't let the system to integrate or work properly... Is that £1100 just for the parts or with installation/labour?

I'm waiting for Devon Aygo to post some prices and see how expensive it would be to go for the actual part number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from the fact it's a factory option there may not be a code/part number in the part's system for a yaris kit

it's still very early days for the 4th gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Judging from the fact it's a factory option there may not be a code/part number in the part's system for a yaris kit

it's still very early days for the 4th gen

Indeed, there is hardly any info available on the 4th gen. I have been waiting for this car for like a year and following all the news since the announcement by Toyota JP. I was hoping that they offer the steering wheel and seat warmer in the UK as well but they didn't. But not having a GPS is very disappointing, specially with a HUD unit.

Is the part's system that you are talking about different from the part pickup website available via toyota-tech? When I asked my local dealer they've told me that if I have a part number they most likely will be able to order it for me! But not sure how accurate this statement is.

According to the part lookup from toyota-tech I need the following items (and perhaps some cable harnesses that is not listed in there....):

Part Number

PNC

Qty

Description

86457-K0010

86457

1

Bracket, Multi-media module No.1

86457-K0050

86457A

1

Bracket, Multi-media module No.2

86800-0D010

86841

1

Computer, Navigation

90119-W0037

99999

4

Bolt, w/washer

90153-50015

99999

2

Screw, Crossrecess

86101-0DF40

86101H

1

Cord, Sub-assy, Antenna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK it may worth waiting to see if Toyota come up with accessory option as factory pricing is a lot,

image.thumb.png.e25f5157595c260285083576bdedfc2b.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit more than i thought but it is a new model, a gamble with a used corolla/rav4 one and get the harness and see if it works, if not stick it on eBay - That's the problem with being first with anything you have to make the mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

OK it may worth waiting to see if Toyota come up with accessory option as factory pricing is a lot,

image.thumb.png.e25f5157595c260285083576bdedfc2b.png

 

Good grief! What planet are Toyota even on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this