Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris 2020 SatNav installation

Satsuki

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

A bit more than i thought but it is a new model, a gamble with a used corolla/rav4 one and get the harness and see if it works, if not stick it on eBay - That's the problem with being first with anything you have to make the mistakes

"A bit more"?!! I hope you had your tongue in cheek there Bob! For £2066.76, I can buy a cracking VERY fast fully equipped gaming desktop PC!! Toyota need to stop themselves from being ripped off by Harman!!

• Like 1

It's not that, it's the supply chain everything these days is "just in time" so its made for production first, to avoid demand they over price it also note. They are retail numbers there can be a substantial discount on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

OK it may worth waiting to see if Toyota come up with accessory option as factory pricing is a lot,

image.thumb.png.e25f5157595c260285083576bdedfc2b.png

Ouch... £2k for the module is a lot... Thank you for the prices... What do you think about the idea of buying a Corolla, C-HR or RAV4 MM19 unit and use that instead? I am hoping that once I open the panel find the harness connector already in there as part of the existing wiring, otherwise we are back on the first place... 

Would imagine the MM19 units will be similar prices. Also changing the multimedia unit will mean it will no longer be covered by the new car warranty (5 years) as it won't have been supplied and fitted as part of the car's original equipment. Probably only the accessory warranty - 12 months? This would be similar to other manufacturers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would imagine the MM19 units will be similar prices. Also changing the multimedia unit will mean it will no longer be covered by the new car warranty (5 years) as it won't have been supplied and fitted as part of the car's original equipment. Probably only the accessory warranty - 12 months? This would be similar to other manufacturers.

Waiting it is......... 🥺😔

As above the upgrade kit for the corolla is £750 MM17 and MM19 use the same maps, so is based on the same hardware

1 hour ago, G6-R said:

why don,t you ask this member?

Parts-King

• AUTHORISED TOC TRADER

Asking him about what? :confused1:

I would imagine Parts-King may say something similar to Devon Aygo, as they both work for Toyota dealers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G6-R said:

what you need including prices maybe

Well, Devon Aygo already listed the parts and their prices as he works for Toyota. As FROSTYBALLS suggested earlier, I would also imagine that Parts-King come up with similar list and prices... Thank you anyway 😃 appreciate it.

All i can suggest is have a saved search on eBay for that part number and see if one comes up used

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

All i can suggest is have a saved search on eBay for that part number and see if one comes up used

Good Idea! I also check the toyota-tech website almost on a daily basis. I can see the documents for the 4th gen are being added one by one and looking at the older models and the publication dates, I think within a year or so I might see an accessories document for the GPS unit and hopefully a more reasonable price.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, CPN said:

You know, in the wider scheme of things, Toyota Europe haven't really thought this SatNav business through thoroughly when it comes to the UK models.

It's all very well Toyota saying "well, you've got Apple Carplay and Android Auto now so you can use your Smartphone and you don't actually need built-in Satnav" but what about an older customer's wife (say) responding with, "Well, I don't have a Smartphone. I have a Doro and I don't want a Smartphone so how are you going to facilitate me with a SatNav unit when I am driving the car? Are you saying that my husband has to always be in the car so that I can get the maps/SatNav from his Smartphone?"

(My wife makes a good point!! 😉)

PS. THIS is technology discrimination!! 🤣

Toyota is really funny company.. Gen 3 no android , its not safe, use built in sat nav... gen4 no built in sat nav use android  its safer .. hahaahah japanese style. They are making fun of us thats why some switched to other brands some time ago. 

10 minutes ago, nasamorpheus said:

Toyota is really funny company.. Gen 3 no android , its not safe, use built in sat nav... gen4 no built in sat nav use android  its safer .. hahaahah japanese style. They are making fun of us thats why some switched to other brands some time ago. 

This is actually Toyota "UK" policies and nothing to do with the actual Toyota Japan... If you look at the Japanese Yaris, It has sat nav option and T connect, as well as a lot of variations such as petrol, hybrid, 2WD or 4WD, frond window warm washer de-icer, auto parking assist and a lot more. Even the other EU models have built in sat nav but not the UK model...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Johnny Reeve said:

Yes it’s a awesome car fuel efficient but come on Toyota not having sat nav as standard.

Presumably if you had checked the specification before buying, you would have discovered the UK version doesn't come with sat nav.

Being told isn't a reliable check.

From my experience, having bought 21 new cars, admittedly of different marques, sales people aren't the best to rely on as regards accuracy of specs.