Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange noise from engine area

matthewws

Hi guys,

After switching ignition to ON and opening hood I’ve Heard a strange and loud sound.Any idea what that could be?

AVEN 1.8 azr petrol from 2017

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Very hard to hear, but what I heard is not normal for the engine (2ZR-FAE Valvematic). The sound is not the same as the cooling fan. Needs a better sound recording with a good microphone, that is moved to different areas of the engine to locate the source of the sound. Does the sound only occur when first started then gets quiet as warmed up, increases with revs? Check for leaks. Noisy alternator? Could be anything!
Get the car seen by someone experienced. The car is only 3 years old, so could be under warranty!  

Konrad engine is OFF ignition ON some electrical sound like high voltage

43 minutes ago, matthewws said:

Konrad engine is OFF ignition ON some electrical sound like high voltage

Mateusz, that is not normal. I have the same engine (2009), and I have never heard that before, on or off! Keep an ear and eye on the situation. You could disconnect the Battery (negative terminal) for a few seconds, to see if the noise stops. Don't leave the Battery disconnected too long, or the engine idle will be lost, causing the engine to stall. It would need a relearn procedure. If the noise stops then returns after reconnecting, there may be an electrical issue. Turn off everything like heater fan. 

I've heard similar high frequency noise while just sat in the cabin and turning the ignition on (Auris and Corolla TSport). It is some electronic noise, typically from something running at high frequency and that has wound components (coils, inductors, transformers etc) that can 'sing'. So much electronic control of motors and so on is done with PWM (pulse width modulation) in the interests of efficiency rather than just varying a voltage to control something.

I'd say normal.

What’s now more strange from na hour Im trying with ignition OFF ignition ON engine OFf,ON engine cooled, warm and nothing silence hymn don’t know what to do next.....

Had same noise in my car buzzing electric sound when ignition on sounds like most modern cars 

Its the noise of the ECU.  It goes away when you start the engine.  Thats normal, Its know as electrical frequency noise.