Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo uphill

Cheifbrody

I've recently brought an aygo mk 2 it's great little car but found clutch bites high and really struggle up big hill is this normal or do I need clutch checked

High clutch bite is normal for this car. Also, do not be afraid to drop it down a gear to cope with hills, even on a motorway. The engine is pretty lifeless under 3000 revs!

• Like 1

If you're getting a clutch smell, then I would get it checked out by a reputable garage.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, Cheifbrody said:

I've recently brought an aygo mk 2 it's great little car but found clutch bites high and really struggle up big hill is this normal or do I need clutch checked

How recent?    Privately or dealer?

Clutch smell plus high biting point means your clutch is on its way. Usually most of the new cars has high biting point but smell is not good. Yes, all 3 cylinder small displacement non turbo engines are same, they wake up at 3000 rpm and can easily work up to 6000 no problems, it’s just the way they work and produce torque., this has negative: more noise, more vibrations and premature clutch failure. 
Regards 

• Like 1

The small 3 pots love to rev so the tappets are dancing on the bonnet

burning smell under load is a sign of a slipping clutch could be a number of reasons like the clutch not engaging fully, either way it will have cooked the clutch = new one

• Like 1

You didn't answer the earlier question re when you bought the car and whether it was a private or dealer sale.

If you bought the car from a garage within the last six months, you should have some comeback under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. See 'the first six months' section of the following: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Moved to the Aygo club.

• Like 1