Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T25 D4D turbo removal

RollaDriver

Hi, need some guidance.  I am trying to take the turbo off an T25 2005 avensis d4d. I have removed the 2  heat sheilds, the inlet and intercooler pipe, 3 nuts that mount the engine exhaust manifold. Now while trying to remove the nuts on the exhaust pipe the nut beneath the exhaust pipe is being stubborn. There is very little room to get a spanner and apply force. I have attached 2 photos of the location of the M12 nuts.

Is there any specific way to remove the nut? 

Any help will be appreciated 

20201006_181449.jpg

20201006_181215.jpg

Iv seen same set up on my last car t27 really need small hands I would suggest u spray on wd40 and try your best 

Use only single hex sockets on those bolts. Make sure the socket is a good one and that is has a good grip.

All the WD40 in the world will do nothing until you are able to move the nut.

Can you apply heat to the nut?

I've applied heat to the nut for 5 mins using a plumbers blow torch. Still not budging. Sprayed wd40 on it a few times. The nut has slightly started to round. That's my worry now. Any other help

Impact and a wobble socket - closer look you have rounded the edges off - a nut spitter is required

Just googled nut splitter.  There is just enough room for a 12mm socket to fit inside with out the 1/4 inch ratchet. Are nut splitters available that will fit inside the 12mm quarter inch drive socket?