Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Variable boot floor for 4th generation (2020) Yaris?

Vasper

Bought a brand new 2020 (70 plate) Yaris Hybrid, had seen a few reviews which showed the second (upper) floor as being included, was disappointed when I picked the car up from the showroom and it didn't have this. I had so many hopes/options for this. E.g storing my dog proofing equipment under it when the dog is not in the car etc, first aid kits, emergency stuff etc.

I've had a look at the official Toyota accessories web site and they only seem to offer a flimsy plastic what they call "boot liner". 

Considering the reviews I saw were not in the UK, I'm starting to think this isn't available officially to purchase from Toyota or anywhere else in the UK?

Anyone know any different? As I know there is a solid second floor available for the earlier Yaris, think it was up until 2017.

Split into new topic.

A boot liner is something totally different  - provides a waterproof covering for the boot floor, which is quite useful for some people. 

Did you not check the specifications of UK market cars before buying?

For cars with dual height floors, often there is a ledge or similar on either side of the boot which supports the removable deckboard. Does your Yaris have something similar, otherwise the deckboard won't fit.

2 hours ago, Vasper said:

Bought a brand new 2020 (70 plate) Yaris Hybrid, had seen a few reviews which showed the second (upper) floor as being included, was disappointed when I picked the car up from the showroom and it didn't have this. I had so many hopes/options for this. E.g storing my dog proofing equipment under it when the dog is not in the car etc, first aid kits, emergency stuff etc.

I've had a look at the official Toyota accessories web site and they only seem to offer a flimsy plastic what they call "boot liner". 

Considering the reviews I saw were not in the UK, I'm starting to think this isn't available officially to purchase from Toyota or anywhere else in the UK?

Anyone know any different? As I know there is a solid second floor available for the earlier Yaris, think it was up until 2017.

I was hoping exactly the same as in the youtube review videos all have the hard deck floor. I have looked it up in the parts and was planning to get one (my local dealer said they can order it for me) but it is a bit expensive and I left it for now... I might get it in the future as it is very useful to hide the things that are always in the trunk.. This is based on my specific model (Launch Ed) and the red box indicates that it is not installed in my car trim. The complete part number is 58410-K0020-C1 (PNC 58410B) However, do check your specific trim with your local dealer and make sure that it is actually compatible with your specific trim before doing any purchase.

173315979_2020-10-03(265).thumb.png.13d81893f36074a762c8c310fd00f71a.png

• 3 years later...

I thought this would come included in my top of the range 2021 Excel but no so I priced one up at my dealer and it was over £400 which is ridiculous and a poor show by Toyota

40 minutes ago, Andrew Harrison said:

I thought this would come included in my top of the range 2021 Excel but no so I priced one up at my dealer and it was over £400 which is ridiculous and a poor show by Toyota

Did you not check the specs of the car before purchase.

Other manufacturers charge similar amounts for these.

I can buy a decent spec laptop for that money never mind a bit of shaped covered wood and if other manufacturers charge similar they too are taking the proverbial, you cannot check every single spec when buying

1 hour ago, Andrew Harrison said:

a bit of shaped covered wood

It's not wood. I bought this thing for my Mk3* and it's extremely light, so must be a composite of some sort.

You can make your own from wood but it will weigh a tonne.

( * This was after the Mk4 came out, so was only about £100. Probably a dealer dumping old stock.)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links