Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side windows

CRUNCHER

Now the weather is changing, does anyone else have the same problem with their Rav 4, when operating the windows it does NOT clear off rain water/ condensation on the outside.Any ideas ? 

This is pretty standard on cars nowadays.  The glass moves slightly inward before going down.  I think it's to protect the seals.  I have to wipe the glass down with a rubber-bladed tool before driving off.

I have heard of a product you can apply to very clean glass, which is supposed to reject moisture and dirt, but never seen any endorsements. A quick Google gave me this.

If you decide to try it, let us know what you think of it.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, IanML said:

This is pretty standard on cars nowadays.  The glass moves slightly inward before going down.  I think it's to protect the seals.  I have to wipe the glass down with a rubber-bladed tool before driving off.

I have heard of a product you can apply to very clean glass, which is supposed to reject moisture and dirt, but never seen any endorsements. A quick Google gave me this.

RainX for sure

Our new 2020's clear fine, the 2017 Rav didn't clear at all. 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:23 AM, 182_blue said:

Our new 2020's clear fine, the 2017 Rav didn't clear at all. 

Probably due to the state of the glass.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, IanML said:

And to stop bits of grit scraping the glass.

1 hour ago, IanML said:

Probably due to the state of the glass.

Not at all, the 2017 never cleared the side windows (from new) , the rubber just didn't touch the windows properly. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links