Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I bought an OBDII interface. Will Toyota know I used it?

mikmikmikmik

Hi,

I bought an OBDII interface. Will Toyota know I used it?

Thanks.

Even if they could tell - does it matter?

You would only really be able to see if data had been reset - e.g. time since last reset. But it's impossible to see who did it.

What interface out of interest and does it work OK? 

I have left a Carista dongle in when the car has been in for a service and it was unplugged and no comment was made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given Toyota was legally required to provide an OBD2 port and support the agreed standard, why would you think they care? Now if you had remapped the ECU and were trying to claim for turbo failure which they could argue was related to running higher boost, then that’s a different matter.

How can I get into the vehicle configuration screen?

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

How can I get into the vehicle configuration screen?

Thanks.

You need to say what Make and Model scanner you have ?

4 hours ago, oldcodger said:

You need to say what Make and Model scanner you have ?

I believe I did, but with Ver15.xxx.xxx it is asking me for a code to get into the config screen.

I am already into the ECU's. It the vehicle configuration option I want to get into.

Like this. https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Techstream-Vehicle-Configuration-Code

I want to see what's there to see if I can configure options to my liking.

Here's something about a pass codes calculator but I have no idea what it is.

https://pin-online.net/

Thank you.

Does no-one know how to get into the "Vehicle Configuration" screen, and what this screen does?

I think a better option would be to get Toyota techstream cable, and use Toyota's own software (Techstream) which is available for download from their website.

Better configuration options, great for troubleshooting, and the cable is like 10 GBP or so. 

Once you get it, you can get a key from Toyota to use it for a limited amount of time (thought most cables are shipped with pirated software).

2 hours ago, furtula said:

I think a better option would be to get Toyota techstream cable, and use Toyota's own software (Techstream) which is available for download from their website.

Better configuration options, great for troubleshooting, and the cable is like 10 GBP or so. 

Once you get it, you can get a key from Toyota to use it for a limited amount of time (thought most cables are shipped with pirated software).

I already have this, and it is this vehicle configuration screen within techstream that I am talking about.

Has anyone got pictures of what this vehicle configuration screen looks like after entering the needed code?

Thanks.