Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What oil do I use

Tomm5

Question is what oil do I use my 1.6 vvti engine would 5w30 fully synthetic be about right?

0W-20 is Toyota's preferred oil - 5W-30 may be used but should be replaced at the next oil change with 0W-20.

0W-20 is Toyota's preferred oil - 5W-30 may be used but should be replaced at the next oil change with 0W-20.

I thought that 0w20 is for hybrids? I keep using 5w30 but that's in 2.0 d4d engine so different than OPs.

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, samski said:

I thought that 0w20 is for hybrids?

Originally 0W-20 was the recommended oil for hybrids. However from 2008 with the introduction of Toyota's Optimal Drive petrol engines, 0W-20 also became the preferred oil for these.

Incidentally, for new models introduced in 2019 (Corolla hybrid, Rav4 hybrid, facelift Prius, C_HR hybrid and Aygo) the recommended oil is 0W-16, and the 4th generation (2020) Yaris hybrid uses 0W-8.

My car 03 year  I use 5w30 fully synthetic in d4d too but says this oil can be used in both petrol and diesel engines