Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Certificate of conformity

scar

My wife bought a new Yaris about 5 weeks ago. Yesterday she received a certificate of conformity (COC) its a A4 size document and looks very official.  It’s safely stored with the rest of the documents for her car now.

I bought a new RAV4 about a month before that and never received a COC so an email went off to Toyota on Friday asking for one. Toyota said in the letter that accompanied the COC that copies were available at £75 each. I won’t be paying that as I’ve never had one. My wife also received a welcome pack for the AA breakdown service. That’s another item that I didn’t receive.

I am of course assuming that the RAV gets a COC.

So if anybody out there has bought a new Toyota recently perhaps you may be due these documents.

This thread could be placed in multiple forums but I wanted to keep it simple.

Edited by scar
Update info

I was actually going to ask exactly the same question! I have just receive my COC in the post today. Previously, there was a request form to get it if you need it and it was free for the first copy requested by the original owner and £75 for any additional copy afterward. But I have never received the COC without requesting it and this was the first time.

19 minutes ago, donkeychomp said:

What is a COC and why would you need one?

It is somehow similar to the V5C document but issued by the manufacturer, listing vehicle details, dimensions, trim, weight, axle, engine, body ,etc. as well as the car emissions and standards. It contains no details about the owner or car registration and the only thing that links the certificate to the car is the VIN.

You would need it for certain tasks such as registering for London congestion charge discount or exporting your car.

You can find more details about certificate of conformity (CoC) on this Toyota website address:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/certificates-of-conformity

12 hours ago, donkeychomp said:

What is a COC and why would you need one?

Also think its a plus point when selling the car.

Thanks for that, and interesting to know too!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links