Sign in to follow this  
Toyotaavensis6624

Toyota avensis t25 rough idle

Recommended Posts

Hi i have a problem with my avensis t25 2.0 d4d 2007

The idle is very rough once the car is warmed up 

Cleaned out egr

Cleaned Maf and Map

Checked all vacuum pipes all clear

No error codes scanned with techstream 

Attached is a techstream log at idle and up to temp. Would be great if someone could upload a log of a avensis running great so i could compare with my file to see if there is anything abnormal.

Any help would be great

 

20200923-184845.jpg 20200923-184850.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best solution here is change car over to vvti that what I did never looked bk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomm5 said:

Best solution here is change car over to vvti that what I did never looked bk

That's not what was asked! help to resolve his/her problem is required! if anyone can help this new member?   tbc/qas/rehj/lmfc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saxo265 give over mate u and while avensis club know that these d4d engine  are not very good they give lots trouble any mechanic taxi driver will tell u stay well clear just trying give this chap bit of good advice because these diesel heaps are costly to fix when they start to give trouble!!by way I'm speaking from experience!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Causes of a rough idle. Many different problems could result in a rough idle for your car, including: dirty fuel injectors, clogged air filters, bad spark plugs, and a variety of exhaust system issues.

 

But Tomm5: In my opinion the diesel cars are better and stronger than the petrols ones

On 10/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, Toyotaavensis6624 said:

Hi i have a problem with my avensis t25 2.0 d4d 2007

The idle is very rough once the car is warmed up 

Cleaned out egr

Cleaned Maf and Map

Checked all vacuum pipes all clear

No error codes scanned with techstream 

Attached is a techstream log at idle and up to temp. Would be great if someone could upload a log of a avensis running great so i could compare with my file to see if there is anything abnormal.

Any help would be great

 

20200923-184845.jpg 20200923-184850.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks car drives great and great mpg 50+ only problem is the tick over is really rough every second or two revs drop then back up settles then drops again over and over again.

Injectors are all in tolerance and have tried redex injector cleaner

Recently had a service new air, fuel and Oil filters 

Its a diesel so no spark plugs

Also gave it a good rev past 4k to clear out any soot from cat slight puff then nice and clean

I have ordered a new maf sensor to rule that out

And yesterday cleaned out throttle houseing with carb cleaner was very oily but didt make any difference.

Anyone else got any help or has experienced this with there avensis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried to clean the egr valve? 

I think it cuold be the egr valve.

4 minutes ago, Toyotaavensis6624 said:

Ok thanks car drives great and great mpg 50+ only problem is the tick over is really rough every second or two revs drop then back up settles then drops again over and over again.

Injectors are all in tolerance and have tried redex injector cleaner

Recently had a service new air, fuel and oil filters 

Its a diesel so no spark plugs

Also gave it a good rev past 4k to clear out any soot from cat slight puff then nice and clean

I have ordered a new maf sensor to rule that out

And yesterday cleaned out throttle houseing with carb cleaner was very oily but didt make any difference.

Anyone else got any help or has experienced this with there avensis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As In my first post cleaned out egr made no difference i also blocked it off all together with a plate that made no difference either so took plate back out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this topic out. Hope it help.

1 hour ago, Toyotaavensis6624 said:

As In my first post cleaned out egr made no difference i also blocked it off all together with a plate that made no difference either so took plate back out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this