Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My as new Yaris T Sport find

CorollaTS05

Good morning 

I thought I would share some pics of my new pride and joy with you all.  This is the third Yaris T Sport I’ve owned l.   I had two when I was younger and moved onto the Corolla T Sport, followed by a Celica GT.  I currently own a R56 Cooper S with 230bhp.

I had a bit of an obsession with the Yaris T Sport from the age of around the age of 14, when I first sat in one in a showroom with my dad.  I loved both examples I owned, still a very underrated car imo.  I’ve kept my eye on them on auto trader for years.  Which is where this latest purchase was spotted.  

I found a phase 2 covering only 7,000 miles from new with a full Toyota service history, services annually with 15 stamps in the book!  I had the car delivered to Manchester from Bournemouth & it arrived in showroom condition.  It’s a proper time warp car what I suspect has been garages it’s entire life.  The underbody/chassis is as new as are the window seals etc.  It came with an as new set of T Sport mats also.  This vehicle is an testament to the previous keepers ownership, which I’m extremely grateful for.

As she arrived:

8F8A725A-251B-4271-90EA-4419389815B4.jpeg

239EB475-C90F-4C0C-9F36-0E373E5DACE5.jpeg

27DF857B-C266-4579-AA2A-6D6F63BA6475.jpeg

5ACEF978-4FA3-4040-8472-CEF80F78159D.jpeg

A57D085E-573A-40A5-96F4-D9CFF52E83F5.jpeg

3757F524-BE7E-494E-8EA7-B9B18AF5CE69.jpeg

233A2E66-9DF7-4A5D-8ABF-6443A7966E9A.jpeg

02E6CDE1-B7FA-4880-9EEB-7FA012C2E4DD.jpeg

• Like 3

That's a great find, Luke...looks mint.!

1 hour ago, RUToyota said:

That's a great find, Luke...looks mint.!

Thanks pal, I’m really chuffed with it 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Madasafish said:

Envy

Well done

Cheers pal 😄

Absolutely superb find! You are a lucky guy! [emoji846][emoji108]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Where on earth did you manage to find this? I seen one advertised last year with 25k or so on the clock, FTSH, mint condition, etc. but they wanted crazy money for it.

Yours looks spot on 👌

On 10/11/2020 at 9:33 PM, CPN said:

Absolutely superb find! You are a lucky guy! emoji846.pngemoji108.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Silver Yaris said:

Where on earth did you manage to find this? I seen one advertised last year with 25k or so on the clock, FTSH, mint condition, etc. but they wanted crazy money for it.

Yours looks spot on 👌

It was for sale at the main dealer - Toyota Hendys bournemouth.  Apparently an older chap used it occasionally and treated it like his baby.  He traded it in for an Aygo.... I paid £4250 for this one delivered with a tank of juice.  Felt like I got a good deal it’s mint.  Wet sanded 2 minor scratches out and gave it a machine polish with AG SRP this weekend, now as new 👍🏻🚗 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's a T sport? I thought it might be a turbo edition but from the first pic it seems it's not a turbocharged model.

@James Calderwood It's the sport version of the MK1 Yaris, something like "Type R" on Civics. It came with a 1.5 NA engine, producing 106 HP, shorter gear ratios, upgraded suspension (lower and firmer), some extra chassis reinforcements (if I'm not mistaken),  a different body kit, analog speedometer and tacho, different seats and other interior bits. They are on the rare side of things, even car enthusiasts don't know about them and I believe they are a bit underrated. They are not very powerful, but being light-weight, they can punch above their... weight 😁

As far as I know, all T Sports were made in Japan.

There actually was a turbo version, mainly sold in Japan, producing 150 HP.

• 1 year later...

Very impressed with what you gave for this! Will you drive it or keep it a super low mile car and wait for it to go up in value? 

If you ever fancy selling please message me 😉