Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to update touch 2 with go firmware?

jm89

Bought a used auris 66 plate recently and it seems the firmware is quite old i think, version is 6.7.0WH.

How do i update this?

I can't find anything anywhere on toyotas estore or anywhere else. It seems the only options are to buy maps and other services.

It's part of the map update and not available on its own, WH also means its the  Plus model (aka High)

Uk Maps can be purchase via MyT (there may even be one available for free*)

6.7.0WH seems to be the original 2016 firmware so its never been updated

26 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's part of the map update and not available on its own, WH also means its the  Plus model (aka High)

Uk Maps can be purchase via MyT (there may even be one available for free*)

6.7.0WH seems to be the original 2016 firmware so its never been updated

Well that's a shame it's linked to map updates as it looks like the subscriptions to update maps expired for this car last year.

They should atleast let you download latest firmware/maps that were available within the dates when your subscription was active, just seems so anti consumer to hide firmware updates behind paywalls and not give anyway of updating.

Oh well the infotainment system works so not a big deal, probably gonna use my phone for nav anyway.

MapCare is included for three years from first registration. I updated my 17 plate car just before it ran out. You'd have to renew it at the £125/yr or £199/3yr rate to get the latest maps and firmware, and to make the connected services function again.

I find the later software a tad more stable with the iPod integration, plus the updated maps come in handy. Needless to say I haven't renewed it yet. Being able to send addresses to the NAV was handy, as was finding petrol prices. Not a convenience worth £67 a year IMO.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, jm89 said:

Bought a used auris 66 plate recently and it seems the firmware is quite old i think, version is 6.7.0WH.

How do i update this?

I can't find anything anywhere on toyotas estore or anywhere else. It seems the only options are to buy maps and other services.

Hi. Last year I bought update 2019 my satnav on eBay for Auris 2015. That cost me £35. No problems,works great