Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question about Toyota Garage Service

arjanvirdi

Hey all! I just had a quick question about the service at Toyota. This is my first service. How long does a typical interim service take? Toyota offers a courtesy car for £12, is  there any age restrictions? This is my first service, do I need to tell them not to proceed with any additionals without contacting me? Should I also ask them not to clean my car, as I've read online that people had scratches appear? Thanks

I take it your car is a Yaris? The first service is an Intermediate service, so shouldn't take much more than 1.5 hours - depending on the dealer and what bookings they have on the day. The courtesy car is provided by the dealer, and the £12 will be for insurance - they may also offer a collision damage waiver for an extra cost (usually an additional £5 or so) which reduces the insurance excess should any damage occur whilst you have the car. Age restrictions - you need to check with the dealer.

As regards additional extras, then you can leave instructions to contact you first. Car washing - we've had our cars washed and vacuumed by the dealer after servicing since 1987 - a variety of manufacturers (Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota) and 21 new cars - and not had a problem. It is your choice though.

• Like 1

An interim service should be approx' 1 hour.

Cost of loan car and age/insurance restrictions will vary by dealership group it is not set by Toyota.

Nothing extra should be completed without your permission.

Wash is up yo you, if you do not want it tell them.

• Like 1

My dealer is not currently washing or vacuuming vehicles after services to minimise who has contact with them.

All interior surfaces and handles touched during the service were wiped down.

Didn't touch any bodywork or the dipstick for a week or so !

Hello all my first post .

I’ve just had the first interim service done on my Yaris hybrid today I waited at the dealership while it was done so I was there if anything cropped up, it took about 1 & 3/4 hours I have a service contract for the first 3 service’s and  they didn’t try to sell me any extras. As above they are not valeting cars at the moment to minimise who has to touch the car

My wife's Yaris Y20 had it's very first service recently at the main dealer from which we purchased it.....took about an hour or so and I was able to wait for it..a wash and valet was offered.

The only extra "suggested" was the air con "clean" at about £40..we politely declined.

2 hours ago, RUToyota said:

The only extra "suggested" was the air con "clean" at about £40..we politely declined.

£5 aerosol, do it yourself. 10 minutes of your time. They're avin a larf!

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely would not let them clean my car nor anything else that I can do on my own. On one occasion, the jockey who drives your car into the service bay actually wiped his muddy work boots with little rocks stuck in the treads of the soles on the plastic panel of the door sill. He scratched it really badly, who does that? Why wouldn't someone wipe their boots on the pavement before entering a customer's car? Beyond comprehension, moronic. There was no use in talking to him because damage was already done. I instead talked with the shop manager. I don't know the outcome but if you're that stunned to pull a maneuver like that then I could care less if he were terminated. Sorry for the rant but NO dealership service for me unless absolutely necessary. Cheers...