Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MR2 Mk3 Driver floor puddle

James Robinson

Hi,

I have a MR2 mk3, the second version of this with the round rear lights rather than the square ones. I have been experiancing a problem the last couple of months with a large amount of water accumulating on the driver side foot well floor. I have bailed out twice only for the water to return some time later. There is enough water getting in so you can litteraly splash in it.

The car had previously been attacked by the crows who pecked the window seals enough that we had to make a repair in order to stop rain running in and down the door. My intial thought was this repair had failed and was now letting in watter. With that in mind I finally got around to getting a new front weather seal aand replaced the damaged one. This is the seal that goes up the A pilar (if you can call it that..), acrross the top of the windscreen and down the A pilar on the other side. With that I thought job done. A few days and rain showers later I checked the car and it was dry.

Imagine our suprose when my wife got in the other day to find the same puddle of water had returned. 😞

We have tried multiple things to find where the water is coming from but had no luck. No visible leaks from inside while ebing presaure washed.

I can say that it is not the front weather seal, side window seal, roof seals, the rear bins have no water in them, its not the AC matrix, and its not coolant.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where this water may be coming from?

Thanks

James

Any water in the rear of the vehicle? The rear lamp seals were a known issue with water leaks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links