Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air recirculation XP10 yaris stopped working

Kenito

Hi there!
I was changing some bulbs in the dash when my Air recirc stopped working, the handle is way lighter and slides very easily so it feels like I detached a wire or something, but I cant seem to find it, I looked all over for it, anyone have any suggestions or pictures of the mechanic behind it so I can understand what to repair?

Keep looking its the same as the others, pop the glove box out and find the cable  on the heater box and trace it back

there should be 3 wires left and right they go around the knob and the centre one is held by a screw

Hi, and thanks for your answer. I really can't find the cable at all. Like I've taken appart half of the dash but I have no chance of finding any cable, Do you happen to have a picture or something to where the cable is connected?
I understand I'm looking for this, but I have no luck finding it, spent hours trying to find it.

Uten navn.png

Oog thank you, it looks like the cable is coming from the left side in this picture and not right as the previous I found on youtube, I'll try looking down that side then, thanks for the input!

I didnt find anything, here is pictures of how it looks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Both cables are there, if you turn the knob does it have any resistance to it and does the cable or arm move ?

The cables will be in a different location on LHD cars as they use different heater boxes as the fan is on right (passenger side) whereas its on the left in a RHD car

Yeah heater works fine, and the airflow position works fine, its the air vent that I can choose between fresh air or not getting fresh air that doesnt work, I see that its a electric button there and no wire, but the handle feels way lighter than it did before

ah it's the recirc door, you're missing a cable as its LHD it should come through the oval slot under the right air vent it's either a black or light grey cable you may need to remove the glove box

Okey I will check it tonight, so it's not supposed to be a wire there holding it in place? I mean since it feels so easy now to pull it back and forth

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

gen1 yaris heater controls.jpg

thanks, its this part that's just gone from my car, no where to be seen

2020-10-16 17_25_18-Air recirculation XP10 yaris stopped working - Yaris Club - Toyota Owners Club -.png

It must be behind the dash out of view it goes to the left side of the fan housing (where the cabin filter goes) did it work before you took it apart ?

Edit.

450322805_gen1yarisheatercontrolscable.thumb.jpg.b81b55f985e9b36b54260d4d31d93247.jpg

yeah thats the weird part, it worked perfectly before I changed the light bulbs, but this picture maybe will help a lot! thank you !

Okey, mystery solved I believe! I do not have a air inlet damper control cable, it seems  to be controlled by a little motor, the resistance missing in the handle was a bent little  metal piece, I bent it to be more tight and I wiggled the button connected to it with wires, and now it seems like its working, as I see the arm moving when I touch the little knob. Thanks for all your help!

ok you must have the electronic 2 way hence the micro switch its difficult as there are so many car specs and that also depends on the country too