Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Demisting fan

Haystack

Got in Car late last night all Windows wet and interior condensation on screen.  Started engine and pressed mode to Demist and tried to turn up fan but it didn't move from two bars.  Ended up wiping outside windows and inside screen with rag and moving off.  After about five minutes the Demist fan did start to increase but expected to be able to put it on full blast even with a cold engine.

Is this normal?

Not yet checked Cabin Filter though can't imagine that this would prevent it boosting.  Any history of this problem with Corolla?

Thanks

Although not directly answering your question, if you have air con, using air con, which dries air, in conjunction with the heater provides faster demisting.

This time of year you can get a lot of condensation outside and sometimes India’s. Warm days, cold nights are the cause.  I have a flexi silicon blade, usually sold to wipe water off shower walls, just go around outside of car, every window, only takes a minute and you have lovely clear and clean windows. Sometimes have to do inside, particularly inside windscreen. I use the flexi silicon blade, but have a towel on the dash to catch the drips, which can be a lot. Using a rag is not really effective, tends to move water around. Could use a very absorbant cloth and keep wringing out, but the flexi silicon blade is a marvel. Less then £6.                   
I was a a hand car wash once, they opened my door to do the door jams and noticed m flexi silicon blade, asked what is was, and when I told them, the boss man offered to by it off me for £10. They wanted it to wipe a car down after washing it, quicker and easier to using a wash leather and continually wringing out.

• Like 1

I do have Air con and put it on. Perhaps I was too hasty and expecting it to work instantly. However on manual setting I would have expected the fan to increase speed as I pushed the button.   

Catlover, fixed rubber window clearers have been around a very long time, but perhaps a replacmeent flexible Windsceeen wiper blade does the job better and I take your point about drips using it internally, and its why the Handerchief (Covid free??) came to hand and mopped up the dampness. 

So, no explanation so far as to possible problem or I'm just too demanding of the system?  My Lexus works instantly even after 27 years. Sadly stuck in France awaiting my replacing a broken rear strut control arm! 

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 11:03 AM, Haystack said:

I do have Air con and put it on. Perhaps I was too hasty and expecting it to work instantly. However on manual setting I would have expected the fan to increase speed as I pushed the button.   

Catlover, fixed rubber window clearers have been around a very long time, but perhaps a replacmeent flexible Windsceeen wiper blade does the job better and I take your point about drips using it internally, and its why the Handerchief (Covid free??) came to hand and mopped up the dampness. 

So, no explanation so far as to possible problem or I'm just too demanding of the system?  My Lexus works instantly even after 27 years. Sadly stuck in France awaiting my replacing a broken rear strut control arm! 

Get one of those bags full of siica. Keeps the inside of the window free of dampness for good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links