Do Not Sell My Personal Information

problem with the function of the windows of my Toyota Avensis 1.8 2006.

thimiostrikala

Hello. I have a problem with the function of the windows of my Toyota Avensis 1.8  2006. When I turn off the car engine and remove the key I have approximately 45 seconds to close the windows by pulling up the window button. However if I open the door first and then try to close the windows I don’t have these 45 seconds to do so…….is this normal? Also , whenever I replace the car Battery I have to set the windows into closing automatically again by pulling the button for a few seconds…right? Well, I used to follow this procedure in my car but not  any  more because the windows continue to close automatically even when I have replaced the Battery. Of course they didn’t function this way so I believe that the original factory settings are lost. So, if anyone knows the way I can bring the original factory settings back please write back to the forum or to thimios1953@gmail.com. Thanks

If I understand correctly, if the car Battery is disconnect on your car, the windows retain the automatic one shot function, after reconnection? Does the clock retain the correct time and radio  remember pre sets? Is there something connected to the car that may be supplying enough power, when the Battery is disconnected? Is the Battery disconnected for a very short time? You could try and find a way to see if there is current in the electrics, when the battery is disconnected, but I wouldn't worry unless there is a major fault!    

Is there another way to reset;

22 minutes ago, thimiostrikala said:

Is there another way to reset;

I am not sure. I have owned two Avensis, my previous 1998 Mk1 T22 which all four electric windows, but only the drivers had auto one shot. my current Avensis T27 (2009) has all  four windows with full auto function. In both cases, the windows may or will need to relearn the auto function, when the Battery is disconnected. For those who don't know - relearned method is to press and hold the open button down and keep holding a few seconds after the window stopped at fully open. Then lift and hold the close button until a few seconds after the window has closed. The window should now have auto function. Repeat for passenger windows, if they support auto function.
Also in both cars, the windows will still operate approximately 45 seconds after the car has been switched off, but if the drivers door is opened the windows won't function. This how the Avensis functioned. I was initially disappointed, because I owned a Vauxhall (Opel) that you could close the electric windows when locking the car. I taught many a Vauxhall (Opel) owner that function, holding key in lock or holding remote button for a few seconds.

Mine worked and when I opened the front doors now it does not work

Yesterday, when I tried again, it worked for ½, today it does not work and wrestling

I know the method but as I write in the text, removing the Battery and re-inserting the windows work automatically

21 hours ago, thimiostrikala said:

I know the method but as I write in the text, removing the battery and re-inserting the windows work automatically

Then I would not worry about it. I did state the method was for those who did not know and not you, since you stated it in you original post! Here it is in quotes - "For those who don't know - relearned method is to press and hold the open button down and keep holding a few seconds after the window stopped at fully open."
Everything else I covered in my reply covers all three generations of Avensis from the Mk1 T22, the Mk2 T25, to Mk3 T27. How nay times do you need to disconnect the Battery?
You are lucky, because when I changed the Battery on my 1.8 Valvematic the ECU forgets idle settings, so has to relearn. I found a procedure for that. 

If I remove the key, and I forgot the windows open, I had to put the key back to close them, whereas in the past I did not have to put the key again

Does anyone know if there is an electronic drawing with the window circuit for Avensis 1, 8, 2006, let's write to (thimios1953@gmail.com)?