Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange control box found ??????

- A - Go -

Hi all, finally bought my second car Aygo yesterday and not sure what this is (pictures attached) its velcrowed near the light level switch! Abit strange this!!  its cable attached but to what? If anyone who knows would be apreciated!.

Cheers

J

20201013_172650.jpg

20201013_172617.jpg

20201013_172632.jpg

Hi all, finally bought my second car Aygo yesterday and not sure what this is (pictures attached) its velcrowed near the light level switch! Abit strange this!!  its cable attached but to what? If anyone who knows would be apreciated!.
Cheers
J
20201013_172650.thumb.jpg.ae8c21e7e2249ebec7eace7fd587a069.jpg
20201013_172617.thumb.jpg.bf84a000ecd2ebb865b452e1b3a084f2.jpg
20201013_172632.thumb.jpg.184bdad327575d3b9e47101394dc6e7c.jpg
find the wires and track where they go to or take to a toyota dealer see what they think

Sent from my RCT6613W23PU using Tapatalk

At a guess it adjusts the power steering  - dealership will not have a clue or give a T0ss on a 10 year old car

At a guess it adjusts the power steering  - dealership will not have a clue or give a T0ss on a 10 year old car
But where would it work it's a hydraulic powersteering?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Didn't the Aygo have eps from launch ?

Edit. from the 2005 press pack https://media.toyota.co.uk/product_info/aygo-archive-2005/

This press pack accompanied the UK launch of the first generation Toyota Aygo in July 2005. Changes were made to the model range during its time on sale, which can be tracked using the Timeline feature available on the Toyota Aygo archive web page. Additional assets and information relating to the first generation Aygo range may be obtained from the Toyota press office if required.

TOYOTA AYGO

Key Points
⦁    Urban mobility for a new generation
⦁    Smallest Toyota to be launched in Europe
⦁    Aygo joins Yaris, Corolla, Verso and Avensis as a core model for Toyota in the European market
⦁    Design challenges outdated compact car stereotypes
⦁    Available in three and five-door body styles
⦁    Three grades – Aygo, Aygo+ and Sport
⦁    Powered by new 1.0-litre VVT-i petrol engine with class-leading power and torque – 67bhp and 93Nm at 3,600rpm
⦁    Lightest internal combustion engine on the market, weighing 67kg
⦁    Best-in-class fuel economy for petrol-powered car – 61.4mpg in combined cycle driving
⦁    Optional Multi-mode Manual Transmission (MMT) for easier town driving
⦁    53bhp 1.4-litre diesel engine available from early 2006
⦁    All models equipped with latest generation Bosch ABS and EBD
⦁    Driver and passenger airbags standard on all models
⦁    Front side airbags standard on Aygo+ and Sport versions
⦁    Electric Power Steering (EPS) standard, with variable assistance
⦁    On the road prices start at £6,745
⦁    Lowest UK insurance group rating at 1E
⦁    Protected by Toyota’s pan-European three-year/60,000-mile warranty
⦁    On sale in the UK 1 July 2005
⦁    Manufactured at new Toyota factory at Kolin in the Czech Republic

Hi thanks for your reply, interesting regards to the EPS (electric Power Steering)? My car is a 2012... ill search that up and see what comes up.... thanks for your input guys, your all great.

Cheers.

J

Hi

I love these postings, we had a couple of strange ones not so long ago! Can't recall a result on those!

I recon this one looks like a subwoofer thingy, control knob, to adjust the bass?

Hmmm

Does look like it but cant imagine an elderly woman turning up bass whilst driving down the street lol, i tried looking but cant find anything on the net, too much rain to start taking panels off, when rain stops im gonna have to trace where the cable runs to..

Cheers

J

Aygo has electric power steering. Reckon it's what Bob says, to adjust power steering assistance. Think small Fiats have the same thing. A parking switch which lightens up the steering somewhat.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gampla said:

But where would it work it's a hydraulic powersteering?

On all Aygos which have power steering it's 100% electric (there's an electric motor attached to the steering column).

BTW in some countries (not the UK) Aygos were sold without power steering.

if its eps related turn it up will lighten the steering, turn it down will make it heavy, I have seen this sort of thing before added as a drivers aid

Bass control did cross my mind, but they usually have 2 knobs plus the knob in the OP's picture has an embossed steering wheel on it