Do Not Sell My Personal Information

costing

valentino46

Hi everyone can i just ask advice please .. just been quoted £382 for brake discs and pads change on t27 1.8  avensis 2012 . at independant garage ,  went to mr T who wants £520.

Whats the opinion please... Thanks 

More info required. 

Is that for the fronts, the rears or, for the lot?

That must be for both front and rear! Garages I know get the parts at trade discount, then the rest is labour. I went on Euro Car Parts and did a bit a quick shopping, used the discount code and here is the result -   image.thumb.png.f25a8d3482cc21b99a1b42655fd74237.png 

I have the same car - Avensis T27 1.8, so the prices are relevant. Even if I used more expensive parts the price will be roughly £200.  Then factor in labour. If you could do it yourself and have the piston push back kit which includes left and right handed tools, you will save on the labour too. Who ever does it, needs to get the rear piston wound back with the cut outs horizontal to aid fitment of the pads, and prevent early uneven inner pad wear! 
Get more quotes.

Thankyou for your replies, yes it was for both front and rear.. i am too old to get on the floor anymore, so i have got to trust that the   garage knows about getting the pads even .. should  i mention to them what you have said or is it too cheeky ?

If a garage does it you pay retail prices on parts, brake jobs are the bread and butter for most shops, so they should know what their doing

retail £2-250 in parts the rest is labour what ever you do avoid Kwikfit like Covid

I have just replaced all the pads and discs on my 2016 1.6d Tourer. I used www.whocanfixmycar.com  to get prices. I paid £290 using Pagid parts. If you do use them, make sure you phone the garage to confirm the appt as it appears  the details are not always passed to the garage.