Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Rolando1

Icon tech trim level doesn't come with auto dimming rear view mirror. My current car does, will it be a big shock to drive a car without?

Is there a possibility to retrofit it?

Otherwise the alternative is to go up a trim level to Design.

Yes , this is a big NO of you drive at dark regularly. You can do retro fit however try to source used one or some high quality, don’t go for the cheap ones from eBay or aliexpress., they just doesn’t work fine. If you ask me I would definitely go for the design trim even just because of the auto dim mirror, price is £1000 between trim levels but you get the mirror (£700) plus larger Whees, plus some more extras and perhaps better sound proof or that it’s reserved for the excell models only. 

1 hour ago, Rolando1 said:

Icon tech trim level doesn't come with auto dimming rear view mirror. My current car does, will it be a big shock to drive a car without?

Is there a possibility to retrofit it?

Otherwise the alternative is to go up a trim level to Design.

I'm a business driver,  with a lot of night driving. 

This is the first time in 10 years plus I have had an auto dim

The answer is no, it isn't an option I would choose, it just came with the excel

My Excel is the first car I've owned that had it and it's now on my list of essential features.

• Thanks 1

Is it really that usefull? Mine doesn't have it, but would surely be interested in retrofitting it in the future.

5 hours ago, King Crimson said:

Is it really that usefull? Mine doesn't have it, but would surely be interested in retrofitting it in the future.

For me, yes. It's convenient. I can just leave the mirror alone and let it sort itself out.

With more and more SUV drivers and cars with higher ground clearance I was worried if they would be blinding me if they got close behind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

With more and more SUV drivers and cars with higher ground clearance I was worried if they would be blinding me if they got close behind.

That's why I like it. With previous cars I've ended up driving at night with the mirror permanently hinged up rather than keep adjusting it but that means there are a lot of times when you're not getting the best view. With the auto mirror it is always reflecting the best image.

• Like 1

Agreed, it’s ultra important and must have extra in the car especially when buying a new 2019 and above  model, I don’t get it Toyota doesn’t fit into mid trim levels. I am a night driver and this is the best extra that I have in my car plus the build in screen for rear view camera, I like more than on the screen in the dashboard., feels more natural. 

• Like 1

Here is my one, best extra that I have in the car. I made the picture with flash to show the display built in, day time it’s not visible it’s like normal mirror. 

422F9AD2-0DCA-4B14-B6E5-2472D34BE9C7.jpeg

Is it possible to install something like this to the Corolla Icon Tech?

Could it be a plug an play type deal or am I being too optimistic and actual wiring work will be required?