Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minor irritations in my Corrola Hybrid GR sports 2l

Louie

Hi guys hope you have not lost it with all this pandemic pandemonium and still have your wits about you .😉

Having now had the car new from January these are the few minor irritations which I am looking to get rid of.

1. The cavity for a mobile located under the the centre of dash incorporating seat heater switches drives me insane why ?

The cavity does not any accommodate any mobiles I know of and I keep hitting the seat heater buttons. The answer to this is quite simple have a pouch or case fitted above the cavity that a mobile can slide into.

2.  I have a strange anomaly in that the tyre pressure warning light keeps randomly popping up even though pressures have been checked after a tyre air fill up. 

3. Front passenger air bag warning randomly shows up. 

I have also acquired a minor wheel scuff scrape/scuff  and its not like a gouge and I am certain i may be able to polish out and paint it with sealant lacquer. Any comments on that idea ?

1) You could be right there. I leave my iPod touch in it so it doesn't matter but access does seem a bit cramped for a mobile.

2) Have you reset the TPMS after inflating your tyres? I forget exactly how but it's via the steering wheel menus. Probably only possible when the engine is off. Have a look around them for anything 'TPMS' related.

3) Sounds like a fault. Talk to your dealer.

• Like 2

I find that as temperatures fall now summer is over, the tyre pressures also fall and this sets off the TPMS. The low profile tyres are prone to this. On a frosty morning the warning will show. By mid day, it's gone, as the temperature rises.

As Andru says, it the air bag warning light is showing while you are driving, best get it checked for a fault. Mine shows for about a minute when I set off, but is then extinguished until my next journey.

My mobile seems to lodge in their OK, but I don't have one of the new massive ones, it's a trusty Blackberry KeyOne, which seems to be OK. But it is an odd design for a mobile, I agree. Not sure what the mobile compartments are like for the USA where you can have charging plates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Louie said:

Hi guys hope you have not lost it with all this pandemic pandemonium and still have your wits about you .😉

Having now had the car new from January these are the few minor irritations which I am looking to get rid of.

1. The cavity for a mobile located under the the centre of dash incorporating seat heater switches drives me insane why ?

The cavity does not any accommodate any mobiles I know of and I keep hitting the seat heater buttons. The answer to this is quite simple have a pouch or case fitted above the cavity that a mobile can slide into.

Other markets have a QI charger here, but phones just keep getting bigger its near impossible to keep up as there is a limit as to how big it can get without redesigning the centre console.

2.  I have a strange anomaly in that the tyre pressure warning light keeps randomly popping up even though pressures have been checked after a tyre air fill up. 

It is possible the pressure threshold is very close to your actual pressure so minor temperature related variations are tripping the warning, to overcome this, drop the pressure in all the tyres to 2 psi below the recommended pressure, reset the TPMS and then add the 2 psi back this gives a greater margin for temperature variation of pressure.

3. Front passenger air bag warning randomly shows up. 

What light, where is it ? If it is in the dash display in front of the driver it may be a fault that needs checking if it is the display to the left of the Touch screen this is supposed to be there it is a requirement that front seat passengers have a light indicating the status of the passenger airbag.

I have also acquired a minor wheel scuff scrape/scuff  and its not like a gouge and I am certain i may be able to polish out and paint it with sealant lacquer. Any comments on that idea ?

• Like 1

The warning light is in the dash panel passenger side just above the glove box.

12 minutes ago, Louie said:

The warning light is in the dash panel passenger side just above the glove box.

Then it is perfectly normal and not specifically a warning light it is to show front seat passengers what state the airbag is in e.g. On and no child seats possible or Off and child seat possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone get a couple of clicking noises coming from the boot area when going over rough bits of road, I had this on my 1.2l and have the same on the 2.0l I now have, I’ve tried tracking the noise down but as yet no luck doing so. Many thanks

12 hours ago, Westerner said:

Does anyone get a couple of clicking noises coming from the boot area when going over rough bits of road, I had this on my 1.2l and have the same on the 2.0l I now have, I’ve tried tracking the noise down but as yet no luck doing so. Many thanks

What did you transfer from the boot of your 1.2 to the new car?

24 minutes ago, RabButler said:

What did you transfer from the boot of your 1.2 to the new car?

Nothing, both boots totally empty, nothing on rear seats or door pockets.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:26 AM, Westerner said:

I had a tapping noise over bumps and it was an unused rear seat belt tapping on the door trim. The unused belt should be tucked over a flap of belt so the soft belt cushions against door trim!!!!

Its what is known as an undocumented feature😎

Worth checking

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links