Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2006, engine Oil light goes on and stop flashing

Hello. I just bough a Toyota Augo 2006, 1.0 Petrol. I have a problem, Engine oil light goes on and Stop light continuesly flashing when the car goes in minimum speed. I have change the engine oil and all filters  from the engine to the conditioner filters. Even after changing oil, those two light continue flashing. When I push the gas pedal, the light goes off and when I push the brake pedal and the engine speeds goes down 1 the light of engine oil goes on and stop light flashes. I went to the service two times changing oil two times but nothing change. Also the service tried to clean engine cartridge (if Im spelling the right word) but again the same problem. Anyone any idea what I need to do? 

Sounds like when the engine speed is low the oil pump cannot deliver enough pressure to operate the oil pressure switch.

So either:

1) the oil pressure switch is faulty

2) the oil pump is faulty

3) there is some obstruction in the oilways

I would strongly suggest actually testing the oil pressure with an external gauge fitted using a T piece to where the oil pressure switch is - this will tell you what the actual oil pressure is instead of relying on the switch.

Wonder if the break light problem could be  a faulty pedal switch? 

I'd plump for oil pressure switch, not hard to replace.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links