Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel engine IQ

mick787

Just wondering, was there ever a diesel powered IQ released in the UK?

We had a Yaris fitted with the non turbo 1.4 Diesel engine which was superb, it would have been amazing fitted in the IQ.

No the diesel IQ was not officially exported to the UK. I would imagine that, the same with the Aygo diesel, the diesel version would not be much more economical than the petrol, and the probable low volumes weren't viable.

It was low sales volumes that ultimately killed off the IQ.

I wonder what Toyota would think about a person having got rid of a BMW i3 and returned to an IQ, not a Yaris or Aygo.

The Yaris used the same turbo diesel from 2000-2014 (1NDTV) abite from a few changes to meet emissions

Yes, Flash22, we had one. We also had a Yaris with the non turbo version which I thought was even better. Amazing fuel economy with hardly anything to go wrong, I am convinced it, (the non turbo engine), would have been perfect in the IQ. 

We have just put new rubber all round on our IQ, one guy pulled alongside and said, 'they are an amazing car, we have two of them. Keep hold of it, they are starting to creep up in value'.

After ownership of a modern EV I know why.

Never seen or heard of a yaris with a non turbo diesel, pre 99 was a 1N diesel (1.5 SOHC) what would be in a Tercel

double-checking even the Tercel had a turbo diesel (1N-T)

only the Starlet got the non turbo 1N

So it appears our diesel Yaris may have actually had a turbo, something I have learnt! It must have been one of the first released Yaris' when they produced them with a diesel engine in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

I would invite you to follow this link https://media.toyota.co.uk/2002/02/toyota-yaris-and-yaris-verso-d-4d/ to read the original Toyota press release about the introduction of the 1ND-TV Diesel engine in the Yaris in 2002.

The Diesel Yaris outperforms the petrol 1.0 while being more economical to run. I would have welcomed a Diesel engined iQ as well. It would have been a better proposition than the Aygo with the 54bhp PSA Diesel.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, mick787 said:

I wonder what Toyota would think about a person having got rid of a BMW i3 and returned to an IQ, not a Yaris or Aygo.

I wonder how many have done the same?

I drove a Nissan Leaf for 5 years before returning to an IQ earlier this year.

Managed to pick up a 1.3 multidrive which I'll be keeping indefinitely.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links