Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Hybrid Gr Sport Central Console Infotainment System

Louie

Greetings once again from those who are about to be isolated for they dont know what they do.

Hmmmmmm i have moaned about this Toshiba anomaly  before but I have sort got used to it by largely ignoring its little foibles, but every now and then it pokes me in the ribs by doing the following. I use my iPhone to stream  music and Waze for navigation which is very successful however if you switch to the cars's radio to listen to FM it plays silly games from time to time.

The system has randomly taken a dislike to my iPhone and sometimes disconnects it even though its plugged into the USB slot up front. On occasions if I start to use the iPhone to say browse the web the FM reception is lost for no apparent reason9In plugged in mode) . Also in the odd instance the system dithers trying to connect the Iphone to the system and i have to mess about with the infotainment menu to get it to work. This is a totally random event so I find it a bit puzzling.

On the good side I have not had any more Battery issues since the car died on me several months ago and its a nice drive.

One other point "her indoors"  has complained the car is too quiet when in electric mode and as a result she has nearly mowed down a few pedestrians. I have also had people comment on the silence of the vehicle when in motion so is that a safety issue any views on that would be appreciated meanwhile stay safe all you out there.

31 minutes ago, Louie said:

One other point "her indoors"  has complained the car is too quiet when in electric mode and as a result she has nearly mowed down a few pedestrians. I have also had people comment on the silence of the vehicle when in motion so is that a safety issue any views on that would be appreciated meanwhile stay safe all you out there.

Which is why electric and hybrid cars with new Type Approval after July 2019 have to be fitted with an Acoustic Vehicle Alert System (AVAS). At low speeds (up to 12mph) sound is played through front mounted Speakers to alert people there is a hybrid or electric vehicle approaching. Will be required for all new electric and hybrid vehicles from July 2021. Intended to help blind and visually impaired people, and additionally, those pedestrians who aren't paying attention.

• Like 1

Mowing down pedestrians is part of the fun! 5 points for a 20 year old holding a McDonalds bag, 30 for a Starbucks take away coffee customer!

Seriously, you do have to be careful, I am always ultra  alert in shopping centre car parks etc, where it is normal for people to just step into the road without looking, anyway.

What with the Auto headlights flashing on and off unannounced, so drivers pull out in front of you, it can be a lot of fun out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don't know about Apple phones but i hsve my music on a micro sd card plugged into the USB port and often get the "No media device selected" warning when trying to use voice control to change an album.

The thing is it is actually playing an album at the time. i even check the menus & the "media device" is selected.

it also drops the bluetooth connection to my phone from time to time, not that anybody rings me anymore. 

The infotainment system is very poor IMHO. My previous 8 year old volvo was superior in doing what it did, though it didn't try to do as much. 

Hi Guys

The person who designed this Infotainment system had either had a bad day or was previously working in the 1980's and probably for Microsoft on the Vista OS  before he went over to Toyota. Now i always thought that our Japanese friends were good at electronics etc witness my superb Sony TV and in the past Sony Vaio laptops which at the time were the dogs something has gone wrong. I think the current system is actually dangerous simply because it keeps throwing "wobblies " so many times while you are driving that you can be distracted and end up having  an accident. Toyota should recall this rubbish and fix it.

I like the car the rest of the car but this is a serious screw up and i am tempted just tear  the screen out of the console and reaplace it with my Ipad. The Ipad has everything and more rant over . 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links