Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Aygo DAB Aerial Upgrade

stewr7

Hi All,

Recently treated my 2014 Mk2 Aygo X-Play to a CarPlay retrofit with the 86140-YV020 head unit. This unit has DAB functionality however my car was not factory specced with this feature. To allow me to access DAB stations I realise I need to install an aerial with DAB input but I was wondering how easy of a job this is and whether I require a new aerial and dashboard loom or just the aerial.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks 😄

1 hour ago, gampla said:

Just go on ebay people are breaking them

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I know where to get the parts I was just looking to ascertain exactly how much work is involved. Does it require all new wiring from the roof into the back of the head unit? Or assume there is another cable linkage somewhere en route between the two? 

In case anyone comes across this thread, I can confirm that the entirety of the aerial from the roof to the back of the head unit needs to be replaced. You will need both a new aerial AND the dashboard aerial loom in order to install. I was able to get a hold of the aerial but not the dashboard wiring loom so I am not proceeding. Hope anyone else attempting the same has a better chance than I did!

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of CarPlay, if you don't like having to plug-in your iPhone every time I've just fitted this CarPlay2Air adapter to my 2020 Aygo and it works as advertised.

Setup was simple and explained in the (slim) manual - there are several videos on YouTube too - I added a short USB extension so it wasn't dangling around and stuck it to the trim underneath the USB socket with double sided tape.

• 1 year later...

hello, I am also looking for a DAB antenna for my radio 86140 YV020 but there is nothing for sale on eBay.

Anyone have another suggestion?

You can fit a quality aftermarket one or fit the OEM one, this mean replacing the wiring from the radio to the aerial

the factory item comes in 5 parts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125081015504

This is a DAB Aerial (note the 2 barrel connector)

You will also require the aerial cable No. 1

Through trial and error, on my Rav I tried various dab aerials of all shapes and sizes.  After a lot of research and review readings, I bought a DAB shark fin, cost about £90, but included the wiring from the aerial to the rear of the head unit. It looks far better than a WIP type aerial and works really well.  Anyone who tells you that you will get DAB station reception anywhere and all the time, is talking rubbish, there is no such thing as 100% coverage and any decent honest supplier will tell you this.

I bought mine from DAB On Wheels, who have now ceased trading.  But online companies like Car Audio Centre have them and can advise what wire and connector you need.

This is really a case of " you get what you pay for".  No point on buying something cheap which may just give a bit of coverage and reception