Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any secret menus found in the new Yaris?

Dahoon

So I just ordered a new Yaris and I was wondering if any secrets have been found so far, like the hidden diagnostic menus on older models? 

First post here so hi! and a picture of the car I ordered (not mine though but same colours etc.)

IMG_20201015_165820.jpg

• Like 2

The radios are based around the MM17 and MM19 so the menus are still the same as the touch2

• 4 months later...

I can also confirm that this works. What a pity that the built-in GPS functionality is not extended to be able to use built-in navigation instead of AA or AC! Only using it as part of the eCall system is a complete waste!!

As you are aware like the touch 2 the nav is its own module and the way these work overrides the DA unit and takes control of the USB/BT/WiFi

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

As you are aware like the touch 2 the nav is its own module and the way these work overrides the DA unit and takes control of the USB/BT/WiFi

Indeed but when you get into the hidden menus, you quickly become aware of a completely functioning GPS receiver unit showing a correct satellite fix that the head unit has access to (but only for the eCall sadly). Just seems a waste that's all... A bit of extra memory and some extra software tagged on to the existing would have been a simple thing to do without needing an extra NAV unit that some company could charge a fortune for... (I'm thinking of it with my Computer Programmers head on 😉)

It's all based on QNX rtos the nav needs own processing power to function, i have spent many an hour trying to crack the QNX system but its so secure i have even tried manipulating the Dbus, TBH I'm fine with the hardware side of things, but the firmware makes my head hurt - Firmware updates are in KWI format you can pubik a file structure from it but very little is known or published about it

All i know is its signed and checksum'd and has nothing in common with the original KWI format

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's all based on QNX rtos the nav needs own processing power to function, i have spent many an hour trying to crack the QNX system but its so secure i have even tried manipulating the Dbus, TBH I'm fine with the hardware side of things, but the firmware makes my head hurt - Firmware updates are in KWI format you can pubik a file structure from it but very little is known or published about it

All i know is its signed and checksum'd and has nothing in common with the original KWI format

Ah! I haven't gone into it that deeply (tbh, I can't be bothered now - I must be getting old lol!) but that's a bit of a pile of pooh then! 😒

Some parts are open source, but you can't do a thing with it as the platform is secure, I looked in to app dev for it as well, Toyota/Denso/Panasonic do not have any available information not even base guidelines

I have pen tested these systems over Ethernet the one flaw i see is with the shockwave/adobe port, Yes it use shockwave/ActionScript for animations

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Some parts are open source, but you can't do a thing with it as the platform is secure, I looked in to app dev for it as well, Toyota/Denso/Panasonic do not have any available information not even base guidelines

I have pen tested these systems over Ethernet the one flaw i see is with the shockwave/adobe port, Yes it use shockwave/ActionScript for animations

Oh good grief! We stopped using shockwave YEARS ago!! (flash too for that matter) All hail HTML5!! lol! (I'm now starting to drift violently off-topic so I'll shut up now!)