Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette Lighter and DAB signal loss?

rg33aqsgfiku567regregerg

Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone else has issues with the DAB signal from a aftermarket Stereo after inserting stuff into the Cigarette lighter? When I put in a USB charger or a Dash Cam the signal begins to bubble out or cut out completely. Was wondering if anyone has any solutions or similar experiences? My Yaris is a 2005 T Spirit Auto. Thanks!

Its sound like a noisy/dirty electrical signal coming from either the Cigarette lighter or Dash cam wiring try installing a Ferrite core to the power cable of the dash cam, something along these lines HERE

Hello, just wanted to ask if anyone else has issues with the DAB signal from a aftermarket Stereo after inserting stuff into the Cigarette lighter? When I put in a USB charger or a Dash Cam the signal begins to bubble out or cut out completely. Was wondering if anyone has any solutions or similar experiences? My Yaris is a 2005 T Spirit Auto. Thanks!

I once had the experience with a car stereo in a 2005 Citroen C3. When I inserted an USB charger into the cigarette lighter socket, the FM radio signal almost disappeared. It felt as if somebody had removed the antenna.

I found out that the USB charger caused the problem. I bought a different model, and the problem was gone. I could tell you the brand of the charger, but this may not be useful, because I think that "Wicked Chili" is a German brand for stuff imported from China.

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Its sound like a noisy/dirty electrical signal coming from either the Cigarette lighter or Dash cam wiring try installing a Ferrite core to the power cable of the dash cam, something along these lines HERE

I think it is the Cigarette lighter because if I use the USB from the Car Stereo there is occasional interfernce although it is not nearly as severe. You know of any guides of where to put a Ferrite core for the Cigarette lighter? Thanks btw

37 minutes ago, Sampleman said:

I once had the experience with a car stereo in a 2005 Citroen C3. When I inserted an USB charger into the cigarette lighter socket, the FM radio signal almost disappeared. It felt as if somebody had removed the antenna.

I found out that the USB charger caused the problem. I bought a different model, and the problem was gone. I could tell you the brand of the charger, but this may not be useful, because I think that "Wicked Chili" is a German brand for stuff imported from China.

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

Yeah I will keep that in mind too however I think it might just be the Cigarette lighter because I have tried powering other stuff from there and it seems to have the same result unless I just have the worst luck ever. Thank you!