Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Certificate of conformity (COG)

scar

When I took delivery of my new RAV about 2 months ago I did not receive a COG. it should have been sent out by Toyota UK a short time after registration. So about 10 days ago I contacted Toyota UK asking them for my COG.

They replied and I had to complete a pdf and supply additional info. 

I received my COG in the post today special delivery. So someone either at the dealership or Toyota UK hasn’t been doing their job. My wife got her COG about 5 weeks after buying her car.

A word of warning this document will set you back £75. In my case they could see I had never been sent it.

If you have got a new vehicle recently did you get yours ?

Yes ... coincidently, and quite unexpectedly, I received my Certificate of Conformity through the post this morning. OK, it contains a superset of the information already contained on my V5 Registration Document, and I know that I need a Registration Document, but why on earth do I need a EuroCoC? (It's all in kilometres and litres etc.)

( If we are going to generate an acronym from Certificate of Conformity it should be CoC ... 🙂 )

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Yes ... coincidently, and quite unexpectedly, I received my Certificate of Conformity through the post this morning. OK, it contains a superset of the information already contained on my V5 Registration Document, and I know that I need a Registration Document, but why on earth do I need a EuroCoC? (It's all in kilometres and litres etc.)

( If we are going to generate an acronym from Certificate of Conformity it should be CoC ... 🙂 )

Speaking from my experience of motor bikes only, and it relates to BMW motorrad bikes.

If you take your bike abroad on a permanent basis you need the CoC to assist in registration in the country your in. If you buy a bike abroad you need the same to apply for registration in the UK (based on what I’ve been told).

Why bikes ? Easy, no left hand drive issues. 

As for cars, if they are giving these documents out perhaps it’s an EU thing. I suspect in the future it may be a hand over document at the point of sale. If you don’t have it then it’s £75. Some folk don’t realise that getting a duplicate V5 costs, I think that’s a £25 fee.

this post just for general reader consumption. I have no idea if other manufacturers are doing the same.

It used to be handy with the Prius until quite recently (mid 2019) when certain Prius models could get an exemption from the London Congestion Charge (for an annual registration fee of £10).  With early Prius versions the certificate was provided automatically, it became increasingly difficult to extract one from Toyota over the years, and the last couple of Prius I had I argued with Transport for London TFL) that the information was all on the V5, and they accepted that.

It may be (or have been) required by other city councils operating a similar scheme.

Since last year, TFL stopped offering any concessions to cars that weren't 100% emission free, even things like the BMW i3 REX with an emergency-only tiny generator on board.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links