Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No cigarette lighter in new Yaris Hybrid Icon

Mike Wooster

I have a tyre inflator that needs the cigarette lighter component in order to drive it.  You just stuck it into the lighter socket and turned on the engine.

I cannot see the cigarette lighter socket any where.  I am not a smoker but it was useful to charge my satnav and to run this inflator.

Can anyone help on this please?

Very surprised there isn't one. Is there a USB socket instead? Perhaps you could use that via some kind of adaptor.

In front of the gear lever next to the wireless phone charger I have a cigarette lighter in mine.

Have you referred to the user manual? In these PC correct times I would expect it to be called an 'Accessory Socket' rather than a lighter socket.

I would be very very surprised to if there wasn't one. It may even be at the rear near a light cluster or in some other obscure place.

10 hours ago, donkeychomp said:

Very surprised there isn't one. Is there a USB socket instead? Perhaps you could use that via some kind of adaptor.

USB socket is 5V.  Lighter socket is 12V.  Using a dc-dc converter could very well overload the USB, so the specs would have to be carefully checked.

The term “cigarette lighter socket” was dropped years ago and became known as “auxiliary socket”. That still allowed smokers to light their !Removed!. As smoking became less popular and use of small electrical devices became more popular the need for the round auxiliary socket became less - usb became the most popular requirement.  So for the poster who has a tyre pump requiring a cig/aux power socket - dump it and buy a cordless tyre pump that are now available, round about £45 and probably recharges through a usb connection at home or in the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links