Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

iQ Owner From the States Joining

ColoradoBoo

I'm not in the UK (Colorado, USA) but since they haven't sold the iQ in North America for a few years figured I'd join my UK iQ drivers!  (FWIW, I do have ancestors from the UK....Sir WIlliam DeHolt and Lady Jane Knight, late 1300's from Warwick Castle in Warwickshire, England.)

I bought a 2013 iQ new as my primary commuter car and have like the great mileage and have tinkered with her a bit...she's going on 90,000 miles now.  (And she's the hot lava color...NOT pumpkin as my wife calls her!)

We also have a Toyota Tundra (2014) and my wife drives a Prius 2 (2017)....long line of Toyota owners in our family dating back to the late-70's. 

Hello Rick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The IQ was discontinued in the UK in 2014 due to the then high £/Yen exchange rate, low sales volumes, and changes in EU regulations which would have required significant alterations, increasing costs further.

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Rick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The IQ was discontinued in the UK in 2014 due to the then high £/Yen exchange rate, low sales volumes, and changes in EU regulations which would have required significant alterations, increasing costs further.

Oh no...I didn't know that!  I'm a former US Air Force member and have seen Toyota iQ's in Italy and France.  When they were sold in the US, Toyota badged them as Scion but I don't like that so rebadged mine as Toyota.   If a stick shift were offered here, I would've gotten one...not a big fan of the CVT tranny.

I am thankful I can, still, find parts for the iQ online at a few Toyota dealers in the states.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links