Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Toyota Auris

Yusuf.o

Hey guys, i just bought a used 2016 toyota auris 1.2turbo with the cvt tranny i was wondering do you guys think we can make this thing go faster but safely with out any major mods? I know its only a 1.2 but you gotta work with what you got ;) what do you guys think? Ive asked for a tune it will cost me 350euro will give me extra 14bhp and 40nm torque... All the air filters and everything is still oem... Help please :)

Sell it and buy another one with bigger engine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well obviously that is a choice but i like my car and do not want to change... What i meant was if i changed the stock filter to a ram air intake + full exhaust system and i dont know if possible but maybe put on a larger turbo or something

Auris isn't exactly a commonly modified car, certainly in the UK.

Air filter and an exhaust assuming anyone makes Auris 1.2T performance parts might get you 5hp. Which isn't a lot for the cash spent. Biggest gain would likely be from getting the ECU chipped, usually an easy 15-20hp on a turbocharged engine.

That's assuming the CVT can take the extra torque.

• Thanks 1

Too much work and hassle for small amount of HP gained. You said you just bought the car, which is why the best advice is, sell it and buy another.

Besides, i would not try to get much out of a tiny 1.2 engine, considering the size, it does not have that much to give, and you would just be risking engine damage trying to get some decent increase in power.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a 1.3VVTI non turboed Auris and i love it for what it is.

Low maintenance, good fuel consumption, comfortable, reliable, solidly build and an awesome cruiser.

I have learned to accept it as is.

Best mods you can do to enjoy the car is cosmetic mods.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Play with your car and you will destroy it, you will also void any warranty or help based on good will from Toyota in case something goes wrong, this may be even higher price than the cost itself and you will gain nothing, ok if we talk about Supra, Evo or Golf R at least then it’s understandable. Small displacement turbo engines are already set to their max potential, they also suffer of short life because of that and you want to force the engine even further,.. the advice for changing the car sounds best to me. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, if it's your daily driver then don't throw £LOL at custom upgrading something ... less ... suitable and making it less reliable.

If you want a car with 180hp, then sell your 1.2T and go buy one that has it as standard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for all the responses i guess it is what it is 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links