Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption History

SteveB23

HI All

Just got my new RAV4 Excel on Saturday and loving it. One thing that does bug me though is the Fuel Consumption History screen, It seems it only updates if you do it manually. I thought it would be automatic at the end of each trip. The manual is not clear . Does anybody know if this is correct?

Thanks

Steve

Page 611 ... by default the "Fuel Economy" display shows the "Total Average" since the last time it was reset. Customisations allow us to choose "Trip Average" (engine on to engine off) or "Tank Average". The setting can be changed using the multi-information display - see page 140 et al.

Is that what you wanted? 😉

20 hours ago, philip42h said:

Page 611 ... by default the "Fuel Economy" display shows the "Total Average" since the last time it was reset. Customisations allow us to choose "Trip Average" (engine on to engine off) or "Tank Average". The setting can be changed using the multi-information display - see page 140 et al.

Is that what you wanted? 😉

I’m not sure that is the area we’re talking about. You’re referring to the display in the instrument cluster and the OP’s question is about the display on the middle screen. (Can’t remember the proper names, clearly!). 
By coincidence, I was also looking at this screen and wondering the same. 

You are correct Adamthenav, its the screen on the infotainment system. If its a manual update I cant see the point as I am not going to remember to press update every day LOL

1 hour ago, SteveB23 said:

You are correct Adamthenav, its the screen on the infotainment system. If its a manual update I cant see the point as I am not going to remember to press update every day LOL

I agree, it does seem a pointless display. Then again, there are quite a few changes I’d make if I could. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links