Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E12 problematic brake bleeding

Franck

Hi!

Changing the brakes pads, I want to bleed the brakes.

Using a Gunson's eezibleed system, put 1,4 bar (20psi) and brake fluid indeed.

Bleeding rear right ( it is a LHD), some fluid went out, then nothing. Just like pressure that the Gunsins puts in the master cylinder is not reaching the caliper.

Any idea? Does it take to put key on, or even engine on for the ABS?

some systems require the abs pump to be modulated with a scan tool - remove the bleeder and make sure it's clear and manually bleed them some times the pedal needs to be pressed for the fluid to flow

I was able to bleed all 4 wheels on my 2004 E120 Corolla normal fashion by getting someone to press on the brake pedal (with the engine off) while I opened & closed the bleed valves. Suggest you try this before looking elsewhere for problems.

Have used the Gunson bleeder like yours for many years on our Corolla and other cars  without any problem,  engine etc all  always off.

While under pressure of the Gunson, try pressing the brake pedal as well to see if that gets the fluid through.

If may be something to do with the abs unit, though no idea there, and never read anything about having to modulate it ?

Might be the rubber hose, internally  breaking down and restricting pressure that the Gunson cannot overcome, but the pedal pressure does.

For the last 45 years, I've never used anything other than a set up like this to bleed brakes.  And, only one person required.

8.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links