Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 Toyota Camry SV43 3SGTE swap

sv43-3sgte

Hi all

I just thought id share one of my projects with you all

It is a SV43 CAMRY (stock 3sfe 4wd (e59f) manual)

I have sucessfully swapped a 4th gen 3sgte into it running stock turbo witih hollowed out downpipe (smashed cat out with chisel... ((big job))
2.5 inch straight pipe all the way to a freeflow muffler
front mount setup with greddy type r bov .

Have maintained the e59f gearbox thats stock in the camry with no problems at all thus far

Had a nightmare with loom so went hardcore and swapped the complete loom from a st215w tail lights to engine and have it running mint however have the lack of a speedometer as the st215w speedo runs off abs sensors off which the camry is not equipped not to mention i cut all abs and airbag components out of loom(weight reducton right) (any suggestions on how to make the standard camry one read via the gearbox speed sensor or to make the caldina cluster do the same ? ) i have the caldina cluster floating around in the speedo hole currently (unsecured)for rpm temp check lights etc

The rear end is still running stock diff from camry which has held up well .

The rear end setup and subframe is near identical to the caldina which makes future upgrades easy enough..

RSR BEST I COILOVERS all round from a cv36 camry .

Had to modify rear shock to hub mounts to make them work however (cut off standard shock mounts and welded them to my coil over insert) rugged but works

Have had it up to 226kmh (gps speedo) with a little more room to move but ran out of runway 200kmh plus on a far north road (New zealand) is not recommened inless you want to break your neck on the roof (bad roads lots of bumps and holes)

one bonus of not having a speedo is not speed cut however :idea:

still getting everything up to scratch for certIFICATION but was using it as a daily (sleeper)before the warrant of fitness ran out .

can add more photos if anyone is interested??

1304938.thumb.jpg.990cd72b0f103981886bf11b2beb1ab9.jpg