Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White LED's & Black Dials ----

- A - Go -

Hi all, am thinking to change the LED's in my dashboard as they are dim orange colour to white LED's saw some info on it, what do you all reckon? Also would like to change the white dials to black but cant seem to find a company that does them? If anyone who knows of even done the LED/dials conversion would be great help or even pictures to see!!

👍😄

Cheers

J

Hi, thanks for your reply back, was an auto electrician for BMW & Porsche by trade, its an easy job to do if you know how etc, done these before on other cars but nit the Aygo (yet), is there a kit where you can change the white dials on the clocks to black dials?

Cheers

J

Red light’s wavelength and energy content is much lower than white and it’s usage is desirable as it helps with night-sight.  Besides being a safety feature I would expect that there’s a regulation stipulating instrument illumination colour and switching to white may be in contravention of the regulations so I suggest you check.

3 minutes ago, S_J_P said:

Red light’s wavelength and energy content is much lower than white and it’s usage is desirable as it helps with night-sight.  Besides being a safety feature I would expect that there’s a regulation stipulating instrument illumination colour and switching to white may be in contravention of the regulations so I suggest you check.

I've driven vehicles with white (Vauxhall), blue( VW), red (Audi) and green (Skoda) instrument lighting - so it's extremely unlikely that changing to white instrument lighting will be against any regulations.

the Leds are all surface mount you need to get the temp correct otherwise you will lift tracks

you may find this of interest

https://andydoz.blogspot.com/2016/08/citroen-c1-mk-1-peugeot-107-toyota-aygo.html

don't quote me but im sure i have seen black gauges in one of the sister cars

one supplier WAS spinal studios but they are no longer making any

you could email Lockwood international and have some made, haven't a clue on cost tho

13 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I've driven vehicles with white (Vauxhall), blue( VW), red (Audi) and green (Skoda) instrument lighting - so it's extremely unlikely that changing to white instrument lighting will be against any regulations.

thats why you can buy aftermarket radios that light up any colour you want 

dont worry the police wont come after you 

31 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

thats why you can buy aftermarket radios that light up any colour you want 

Exactly so, the Alpine double DIN in my Mk1 Citroen C1 has a wide range of backlight colours available so I chose orange to match the backlighting on the Mk1.

P.S. Eagerly awaiting my 2020 Aygo, which according to the Toyota tracker is currently at Grimsby docks.