Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0400, not EGR? Avensis 2.2 Diesel 2010

Shdah

Hi, 

I have a 2010 2.2L diesel Avensis Estate. 
After returning from a 3127 mile European road trip in Sept, 5 mins after leaving the Eurotunnel shuttle, I had an error code on the dash (amber engine light, amber (!) and amber stability control icon, and the below:

- check VSC

- check parking brake

I plugged in my eBay scanner and had the P0400 code. I cleaned the EGR, not able to actuate the valve, but looked clean enough from every angle I could see. 

A month of barely driving later, just had the same codes and faults again. 

Scanner says P0400 & P0400 P - any ideas?

21 hours ago, Tomm5 said:

That egr valve blocked recurrlation gas flow limit due to block 

I’ve cleaned it though, could the error be anything else?

I cleaned my too but same results lights vsc brake system lights came back on ended up getting rid of car at end didn't leave Toyota I bought petrol 

4 hours ago, Tomm5 said:

I cleaned my too but same results lights vsc brake system lights came back on ended up getting rid of car at end didn't leave Toyota I bought petrol 

Wait, so after cleaning it, did you replace the EGR and that didn’t solve the issue? 

Took car to authorised Toyota dealer to fix issues so they used there own software on car same fault pop up they said not affect performance of car but did say its electric wire on plug that comes loose sets off the trigger for egr valve so they replace the electric adapter on to egr that fixed it 

• 2 weeks later...

Parking brake system lights on .took to garage. Diagnostic test done, egr problem. Replaced egr valve and cooler. Cost 1040e same problem back, now struggling between Toyota as they say it’s ecu, please help

On 11/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, Bsail nestor said:

Parking brake system lights on .took to garage. Diagnostic test done, egr problem. Replaced egr valve and cooler. Cost 1040e same problem back, now struggling between Toyota as they say it’s ecu, please help

I don't think there's any advice anyone can give that hasn't already been said on your other thread.   From what you said it sounded like Toyota NI were blaming the Toyota garage in ROI for possibly damaging the ECU. But how would that even be possible? If Toyota NI think the garage have damaged the ECU then I'd want the garage in Ireland to pay for a new one. It seems like you're getting bounced back and forth between Toyota Ireland and Toyota NI with neither taking any responsibility?

I think if I were you I'd involve a solicitor at this stage.

Sorry only saw your message, I see other people have same problem. Yet Toyota keep telling me they have never heard of problems with ecu, some say is toyota ecu compatible with bmw engine. Yes it looks I will have Togo down legal routes 

21 hours ago, Bsail nestor said:

Sorry only saw your message, I see other people have same problem. Yet Toyota keep telling me they have never heard of problems with ecu, some say is toyota ecu compatible with bmw engine. Yes it looks I will have Togo down legal routes 

Unfortunately just about any engine management issue with a T27 Avensis with bring up a 'Check parking brake' message on the dash, so although other people have the same error message it doesn't mean they have the same underlying fault causing it. I really can't see why the problem you are experiencing is not covered by the UK 5 year warranty, but the fact that you've exported the car to Ireland and let a garage there work on it appears to have complicated matters as far as Toyota UK/Northern Ireland are concerned.

1 hour ago, yossarian247 said:

I really can't see why the problem you are experiencing is not covered by the UK 5 year warranty,

As was stated in the previous topic, the 4th and 5th year extensions to the new car warranty are provided by Toyota GB for UK vehicles. The car has been exported to Ireland, and Toyota Ireland don't support the UK warranty extensions - so the car reverted to the Toyota Europe 3 year/60,000 mile warranty, which has now expired. 

From his previous topic, he had taken the car to a Toyota dealer in Northern Ireland, and the last we heard was that someone in Toyota had been in touch. He hasn't said whether that was a Toyota dealer, Toyota customer services, or whoever.

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As was stated in the previous topic, the 4th and 5th year extensions to the new car warranty are provided by Toyota GB for UK vehicles. The car has been exported to Ireland, and Toyota Ireland don't support the UK warranty extensions - so the car reverted to the Toyota Europe 3 year/60,000 mile warranty, which has now expired. 

Yes I appreciate that. My point is, that if he uses a dealer in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) then the fact that he lives in the Republic of Ireland should not matter as far as the warranty period is concerned? Wouldn't the dealer in Northern Ireland still honour years 4 and 5 of the warranty?

From his previous topic, he's tried that.

His home address will still be in Ireland, rather than the UK, and presumably it is obvious the car has been exported. Could be that Toyota GB have a particular stance on UK cars which have been exported to Ireland, which may be presented to Northern Ireland dealers for warranty repairs, for which the UK warranty no longer applies.

Be the same as someone now living in France who has exported a UK market vehicle, and who returns to the UK for warranty repairs.

Sorry I did not see your comments as my wife was not well after a bad fall. The car was taken to Toyota dealership in NI. The car should have been fixed under warranty, however a Toyota repair garage here is been very good and it’s a process of elimination going through the different sensors to find which one is the problem.. it’s a nightmare as I had such fate in Toyota cars as I had one for 15 years, and would never have expected this in a more modern Toyota, thank you all for your advice 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links