Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone replaced cvt transmission fluid T27?

TOYOpeter

Did anyone here change their cvt fluid? I am trying to find some DIY info, but so far no luck.

By changing I mean just a drain and refill.

I have the manual version, so cannot really help you. YouTube have a lot of Corolla and Camry videos (mainly US based) on CVT fluid changes. Google Toyota  CVT fluid changes.

Read the following and asked the  posters who have had CVT fluid changes - 

Edited by Konrad C
Additional information

Thanks Konrad. I have watched some videos on YT about toyota CVT fluid drain and fill and learned quite a lot. I hoped there was someone here with the same model that did it.

• 5 months later...

Hi peter - did you manage to do the ATF drain and fill? I've deduced Corollas 2010 +present have the same K311 trans. There's alot of tutorials on YT on them - each with their own spin on it.

Looking to do mine soon - just figuring out the crusher washer part number to replace? Any tips? 

Cheers

On 4/27/2021 at 9:18 PM, shane2 said:

Hi peter - did you manage to do the ATF drain and fill? I've deduced Corollas 2010 +present have the same K311 trans. There's alot of tutorials on YT on them - each with their own spin on it.

Looking to do mine soon - just figuring out the crusher washer part number to replace? Any tips? 

Cheers

I looked at a few sights including toyodiy.com and 7zap and found the following part numbers, filler plug gasket - 90430-18008, overflow plug gasket - 90430-12008. 
Hope this helps.

Don't forget the pan gasket and filter, also purchase the correct fluid, tbh i would get it power flushed as it changes 95% vs 30-40% of a drop and change

Thanks Kondrad that looks about right. Wonder if they're the same as the oil pan sump plug washers?

Flash -  I'll be using ATF Toyota FE fluid from yam6carparts. But I believe the type of ATF is stamped on the fill plug which I've yet to see.

Also I had a debate (with myself) on whether to drop the pan, clean/replace the filter/pan or flush, or just drain and fill. 

Given the car has 47k I opted to do a less invasive drain and fill. Although it is 25% of the total volume of the fluid, I will drain and fill regularly (say every 25k-30K) and that overtime should keep new fluid circulating.

I'll probably replace the filter/pan gasket/clean magnets at 100K. The CVT feels ok at the moment - although I haven't driven a CVT before so it's hard to gauge good/bad behavior.

--
I don't want to hijack the thread so I might start a new one on the process of doing the ATF fill - as it seems to have many interpretations. It seems straightforward up until the 'check at the right temperature' using paperclips in the OBD ha.