Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Corolla Excel Interior light up grade to LED.

mrkarlos

HI all, just wondered if anybody has upgraded the interior lights on a 2019 onwards Corolla?  I’ve recently purchased a 2019 Corolla Exel sports touring with pan roof but the interior lights are dull. Is there any kits out there or is it a case of buying individual ones? Another question, do the bulbs have to be canbus or not? Will it through any errors up?? I don’t understand why they didn’t go for led to start with.

thanks in advance

Karl 👍

• Like 2

This video might help from the USA . I should think you can buy the correct LED's over here.

• Thanks 1

I did this for my Jazz after running the Battery down overnight (!) by leaving the interior lights on. Can't believe the faff needed for the Corolla. On the Jazz you just gently pry off the lens and swap the bulb. Takes about 30 seconds.

And I agree that Toyota should have used LED bulbs in the first place. Far brighter and lower current draw.

• Like 3

I don't have a corolla, have a Yaris hybrid and I changed the interior bulbs and the boot light to led and it's no problem (same bulb for both) no canbus on interior lights. It was cheap on eBay, 10 bulbs for £4 from Chinese seller and works and lights up great. 

• Like 3

I changed all my interior lights and number plate lights to LED. Bought the Philips wedge bulbs. Bit expensive but worth every penny as they outlast the cheap knock offs. It was £15 for 2. Its also alot brighter than the Chinese knock offs

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TazUddin said:

I changed all my interior lights and number plate lights to LED. Bought the Philips wedge bulbs. Bit expensive but worth every penny as they outlast the cheap knock offs. It was £15 for 2. Its also alot brighter than the Chinese knock offs

Are they canbus, or isn't that an issue with Corolla interior circuits?

I prefer the oem lights as they provide more natural light and does not distract  my driving when used by the passenger , bought some Osram warm white led w5w for the front lights but haven’t fix yet, it says on the package they are only legal for interior use. , will see for now still in the box. 

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I prefer the oem lights as they provide more natural light and does not distract  my driving when used by the passenger , bought some Osram warm white led w5w for the front lights but haven’t fix yet, it says on the package they are only legal for interior use. , will see for now still in the box. 

I understand what u mean about natural light and doesnt distract as much as brighter led if in use during driving. There are brighter 3k bulbs available in led too.  But for me it's too dull the standard light that came with the car, plus rarely I have passenger doing that at night whilst I'm driving.

The cheap 6k colour led I put in are so much better in lighting, easier to see things. 

As I understand it too that those little led bulbs are for interior use only, not road approved for number plates etc. 

• Like 2