Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota RAV4

Mollan

I hope someone can help my 2010 rav4 2.2 diesel broke down the symptoms the car just lost power and a lot of black smoke come from it I found out it was the injectors so replace the four of them and a garage not a Toyota garage coded them but it would start but a lot of black smoke come from it you could not drive it so someone said it needs a new turbo so I got a second hand turbo and it still belching out black smoke can someone please tell me what is going on thanks for taking the time to read my night mare  

What’s going on is whoever diagnosed the injector/turbo failure either didn’t do a good job, or you are amazingly unlucky and have been dragged into some sort of ‘throw money at it and hope for the best’ style of diagnosis, for the sake of your sanity/bank balance, stop.

First question has to be how did the injector failure get diagnosed? Doesn’t the 2.2 have a 5th injector for DPF? Were the four injectors supplied new or at least cleaned/tested and ideally you were given a test report for them? Next up how did the turbo diagnosis happen? Have you checked the old turbo for obvious signs of failure to confirm it was indeed faulty?

Thanks for replying I put it on a trailer and took it to my local garage who I no personally he has done my mot for years so I do trust him so he put it on his snap on diagnostic machine and it showed a major leek so I put it to a nuther garage up the road that he suggested but I new there was some sort of leek because you could smell it but there was no evidence of a leek in the engine department or the ground.the boy at the garage then come back to me and said it was the injectors so I took them to my local Enginering place to get tested and come back with one failed and the other ones were badly corroded so replace them all and the garage coded them with his machine so it stated up but heaps of black smoke any of this make sense to you 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links